PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Tips and Techniques

Old 02-07-2015, 11:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 98.87 MB
i would love this for formers for kits but that would be about it for me. lol this ant a 3D printer for thos wheels and MG mountd on a Stuka or Val would be nice.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
On the Webdude's thread, Peter Epps, a member here has one. He posted some very interesting answers to some questions I asked.

Here is the thread: Brother ScanNCut craft cutter

Mike
Old 02-07-2015, 03:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.63 MB
Greetings Gentleman

I have noticed my cuts are not too exact as they were when I was 30 years old. Eyes are not too exact too.. Age is advancing and pulse inaccuracy too, ... I think this machine is the solution
Old 02-07-2015, 04:11 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
I'm there with you Firewing......

Last edited by elliott; 02-24-2015 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.42 GB
I am also looking at this one. Oh where do I spend the money. KNK or Brother
Google Adsense
Old 02-08-2015, 02:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.52 MB
It would be hard to beat the repeatable precision of the A3 Silhouette Cameo controlled by Adobe Illustrator and the Sihouette Connect plug-in.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.71 MB
Watched some test of such machines on youtube. Imho I thin application of such cutter in paper modeling is a bit limited (taking account all possibilities that might occur in paper modeling). As far as I understand machine's software defines boundaries between background an other color, so what about if model has white (colorless) parts? Plus that sticky sheet looks not "friendly" to small and slim parts.

By now, I think, such cutters are an alternative to LC machines until these will become cheap enough to buy and maintain for each of us.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:38 AM

With the Cameo, separation by colour is not an issue as the cuts can be 'designed' exactly in Illustrator and transferred to the cutter via the Silhouette Connect Illustrator plug-in, which prints registration marks in three corners of the page which the cutter's optical sensor aligns to before cutting. You can easily make separate cutting or scoring layers and change from cutting blade to scoring tool (often a dry ballpoint pen) between them.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyceri View Post
With the Cameo, separation by colour is not an issue as the cuts can be 'designed' exactly in Illustrator and transferred to the cutter via the Silhouette Connect Illustrator plug-in, which prints registration marks in three corners of the page which the cutter's optical sensor aligns to before cutting. You can easily make separate cutting or scoring layers and change from cutting blade to scoring tool (often a dry ballpoint pen) between them.
Now that sound as really sophisticated tool.
May I ask, do you posses such machine?
Old 02-11-2015, 05:23 AM

Yes, I have used one for several years now. Always had mac computers so the 'cut' programmes I design in Adobe Illustrator have to be translated by an Illustrator plug-in from the Silhouette company into the correct format for the cutter. The software allows for any number of layers of cut info which will pause the machine if needs be between each layer so you can change tools or type of cut. I often have a separate layer for scoring lines with a dry ballpoint or a dotted half cut - the machine has an instantly replaceable holder for blade or pen. I have found it pretty consistently accurate - not infallible, it has it's limits of course- but generally, it bears the brunt of cutting or adapting and repeating for development very well.
Google Adsense