PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Tips and Techniques

Old 02-24-2015, 06:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
At that price it would need to make the damn coffee, Looking at what Microsoft are wanting to do the OS next (windows 10, subscription introduction), it is probably already obsolete and needing an upgraded driver etc.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.83 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1158 View Post
At that price it would need to make the damn coffee,
I think the Portrait is a "darn" bargain at $130:

Just got one last week and have been playing, for example using paper model patterns to cut perfect formers out of cereal box cardboard.

Quote:
Looking at what Microsoft are wanting to do the OS next (windows 10, subscription introduction), it is probably already obsolete and needing an upgraded driver etc.
That makes absolutely no sense ... at all ... to me????!!!

Gene K
Old 06-29-2015, 06:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
I'm not sure if it cuts the cutting lines of a model, it could think the panel lines are lines to cut......anyway, that's just what I was thinking of everyday. If it performs without the problems I said, I'm wishing to buy it......after 8 years....
Old 06-29-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N96HBK View Post
I'm not sure if it cuts the cutting lines of a model, it could think the panel lines are lines to cut......
You can select to trace just "Outline" ... or you can select trace lines to ignore ... or you can import cut lines you made in Illustrator ... or .... Software dependent.

Gene K
(only had the cutter one week, and I'm giving out "advice"????)
Old 06-29-2015, 11:53 AM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
These kind of printers or very nice and yes I might have to buy one when my hands can no longer hold a knife and be able to cut the paper correctly but for right now I'll stick to what I have. In my opinion{and yes I understand I'm still new to paper modeling so maybe I don't have an opinion but...}part of this art form of card stock modeling is the cutting, folding, gluing and working out all the different problems that come about what modeling. If you buy one of these now when you don't really need it what's next? A machine that folds the paper and glues and has all the paints needed to paint the model? At what point do you claim your a paper modeler? Until that time, I'll stay with my cutting by way of my hand. Thank you for the info. I'll tuck it away for a later time. wc
Google Adsense
Old 06-29-2015, 12:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
Paper modelling is a personal, non-mechanical hobby. Yes, you may use a printer to produce the necessary parts for a model, but the construction process is by hand. For me, part of the challenge of this hobby is the cutting out of the components. If a machine does that does it not sort of reduce the models to 3D jigsaws ?
I sell electrical technology and recently had a customer comment that there is a difference between wanting and actually needing certain pieces of technology in their life.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I like the cutting out part. What I need is a machine that applies the right amount of glue and joins the parts without getting fingerprints everywhere...
Old 06-29-2015, 12:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene K View Post
I think the Portrait is a "darn" bargain at $130:

Just got one last week and have been playing, for example using paper model patterns to cut perfect formers out of cereal box cardboard.

That makes absolutely no sense ... at all ... to me????!!!

Gene K
I was talking about driver software for the printer, Microsoft are pushing for wind 10 adoption which means all equipment will need to be compliant with windows 10 before Microsoft stop supporting windows 7 and 8.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
What I need is a machine that applies the right amount of glue and joins the parts....
Funny!

I also enjoy the cutting, but not so much the "infrastructure" on heavy cardboard stock ... or repetitive items, circles and joiner strips in particular. Then there are rounded inside corners on a complex canopy .... so I'm happily exploring my new toy.

Gene K
Old 06-29-2015, 02:46 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Are you kidding me Murphyaa? I thought I was the only ones or among a few others who had that problem. Nice to know I'm not alone. Thank you. wc

Google Adsense