PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Tips and Techniques

Old 12-09-2015, 10:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 683.22 MB
Healthier Work Station

It seems that all the health experts agree with my wife that standing while working at the computer or workstation is healthier than sitting. I converted a tv armoir (for you young whipper-snappers, that is the thing we used to put tv sets into when they were deeper than they were wide) into a work station where my cutting and assembly surface is at standing height. An added bonus is it can be closed up when the visitors come over without having to put everything away.

If anyone out there has some different or unique work areas, it would be great to see ideas that are working for folks .

Regards,
John
Attached Thumbnails
Healthier Work Station-closed-sm.jpg   Healthier Work Station-open-sm.jpg   Healthier Work Station-set-up-sm.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-09-2015, 11:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Clever idea.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.47 MB
my normal work table of 27.5" was causing me back pain due to leaning over for long periods. I raised it 3" with blocks and added a riser to make my cutting mat to be at about 33.5". it's made a real difference in my comfort level. I also use an office type chair with armrests to put my elbows on.
Healthier Work Station-p1020050.jpg
Healthier Work Station-p1020051.jpg
Old 12-15-2015, 07:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
My workbench is 38" (1 meter) high, which allows me to stand for most of the build. I have a tall chair which I use mostly for when I'm using the magnifying glass. I believe the workbench came from a Harbor Freight store, I bought it second hand for $25. It sits in a corner of my bedroom, which helps to keep my hobby clutter confined.

Sorry I didn't pick up before taking the picture. The broom handle is used to close the center seam in long fuselage segments. R/C gear is stored below the workbench.
Attached Thumbnails
Healthier Work Station-img_1844.jpg  

Tags
work, healthier, put, station, standing, working, visitors, bonus, closed, ideas, folks, john, great, added, unique, areas, surface, young, whipper-snappers, thing, armoir, wife, workstation, sitting, rolleyes