PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Tips and Techniques

Old 08-11-2017, 08:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.05 GB
Need Help=Ink Refill Kit

This is my first time at using a ink refill kit. I followed the directions, and even check out you tube videos. I kind of over filled the Blue, and spent 2 hours cleaning the excess off the cartridge. Now when I print something Yellow it prints Green, and Green becomes Brown when printed. Is it because I over filled the Blue or did I put the wrong colors in the wrong holes? At first it printed something Yellow blue, but then started going from Blue to Green, and right now it is staying Green.
Google Adsense
Old 08-11-2017, 09:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
If you filled the catridges that came with the printer instead of using empty cartridges it sounds like the colors in the wrong cartridge. Any risidual ink in the cartridge would combine with the ink you filled it with.

Some things to try to check the color status in the cartridges:

Take out the print head if it is removable and give it a thorough cleaning.

Clean the ink-out port on the cartridges.

Clean the area where you install the cartridges.

Print a nozzle check and run a cleaning cycle on the printer as needed.

If after those steps are taken and you still get green instead of yellow and brown instead of green it is most likely wrong ink colors in the cartridge.

Here is a color test photo to see what you have:
Need Help=Ink Refill Kit-blue-colortestpagephoto.jpg
Use the photo printing setting on high.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:48 AM

I think two colors got mixed up.
Attached Thumbnails
Need Help=Ink Refill Kit-img_20170811_114357.jpg  
Old 08-12-2017, 06:34 PM

Thanks for the help SCEtoAUX . It was a clogged head. I took one of the syringes with out a needle and placed a small rubber washer over each refill hole and pushed some air in until ink came out the printer head. My printer is printing perfectly now. I have printed out two 2X Wall-E figures and the boat.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Glad to see things worked out.
It always seems like there is a learning curve with those refillable cartridges or CISS installations.
Google Adsense
Old 08-13-2017, 08:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake7 View Post
Thanks for the help SCEtoAUX . It was a clogged head. I took one of the syringes with out a needle and placed a small rubber washer over each refill hole and pushed some air in until ink came out the printer head. My printer is printing perfectly now. I have printed out two 2X Wall-E figures and the boat.
Wondering what type of washer you used. Can you post a photo of the setup you used to force the air through?

Mike
Old 08-13-2017, 02:09 PM

What gave me the idea was a youtube video showing a kit that had a rubber square with a hole in the middle that fit on the print head, and you put the syringe in the hole and suck some ink out of the print head. I tried to find a roofing nail with little rubber washer on it, but only found this thing. It is sort of a rubber foam. I made a hole with a toothpick, and lined it up with the refill hole. Put the syringe against the hole I made and pumped a little air in to it till ink came out the print head. Wiped the print head clean and did the same for the remaining refill holes. When all are done wipe print head one more time and put it back in the printer. Didn't have a problem with the Black cartridge, so I just tried printing and it worked.

I went through 20 pages, and tried the cleaning program that came with the printer. The Yellow bottle is what is left in each bottle, so I am good for about 6-8 refills before they are empty. They are 4oz bottles, and 4 syringes with instructions I bought from e-bay for about $18. I was paying $26 for both cartridges. Hope this helps someone.
Attached Thumbnails
Need Help=Ink Refill Kit-01.jpg   Need Help=Ink Refill Kit-02.jpg   Need Help=Ink Refill Kit-03.jpg   Need Help=Ink Refill Kit-04.jpg   Need Help=Ink Refill Kit-05.jpg  

Need Help=Ink Refill Kit-06.jpg   Need Help=Ink Refill Kit-s-l400.jpg  
Old 08-14-2017, 09:59 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
yeah that's HP for ya.......... they will give you a printer to make their money on ink cartridges..........

There was a time people were selling printers without cartridges, because it was cheaper to buy a new printer discounted for just the cartridges........and then sell the "new" printer on ebay without the cartridges.

I think HP has gotten better about just having to buy cartridges with just ink and not the entire print head on them. But I don't know because I switched a long time ago.

I use BROTHER (now) and my inks cost me less than a dollar per refill for generics on ebay........

My Drawings
Old 08-14-2017, 10:31 AM

I got my hp inkjet 1000 back in 2009 for $30 at Walmart. I was paying about $60 for cartridges at Walmart or drug store. That is till I started shopping on e-bay. I bought it for something else not papercraft. I started looking for something to print just to have something to do when I had time. That is when I seen all those fantastic paper models. I was hooked. So you can say the printer got me started on papercraft.

My printer will only print one page of 110lb cardstock at a time, and it has seen a lot of wear and tear, but it keeps me working on paper models.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bowden View Post
yeah that's HP for ya.......... they will give you a printer to make their money on ink cartridges..........

There was a time people were selling printers without cartridges, because it was cheaper to buy a new printer discounted for just the cartridges........and then sell the "new" printer on ebay without the cartridges.

I think HP has gotten better about just having to buy cartridges with just ink and not the entire print head on them. But I don't know because I switched a long time ago.

I use BROTHER (now) and my inks cost me less than a dollar per refill for generics on ebay........
Yep, printers are an ink subscription service, with a bonus printer
Google Adsense