PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Tips and Techniques

Old 10-02-2017, 12:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.08 MB
Anyone have a source for Renesans brand paints?

When I built my first paper model, a Shipyard kit of HMS Alert, I discovered a brand of artist's acrylic paints from Poland called Renesans. I absolutely LOVE this stuff.

Shipyard actually uses this brand in their boxed kits, and used to sell individual tubes on their website, but no longer sell paint separately. When I asked them directly about the brand, they simply suggested I look on the Internet.

The problem is that the stuff only appears to be available in Poland. The paint is not expensive and comes in 20ml tubes (but also 125ml and 500ml jars and tubs), so ordering a dozen of them shouldn't cost any more than buying some of the artist acrylics here in the USA, probably still cost a lot less.

I found a site that sells them, but they are in Poland and they don't respond to my emails or attempts to order: Farby akrylowe - Renesans Colour Szał dla Plastyków - profesjonalny sklep plastyczny

Does anyone know of a place that sells this brand that will ship to the US?

And before anyone suggests other brands instead, I've spent a lot of time and money testing out other stuff on paper and I love these for their flatness, slight transparency, and consistency.

I still have my original supply, as a little goes a long way on paper projects, but I want to stock up a little, and need to find a source.

Thanks,
Clare

Blog: shipmodeler.wordpress.com
Google Adsense