PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Tips and Techniques

Old 09-19-2020, 12:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 133.91 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
asettico, yes I have used this thechnique on 176 gsm and 199 gsm cardstock. The folds have been shorter than or equal to the length of the blade, that way there is support along the length of the fold. The blade is a previously used one so it is not so sharp that it will easily cut the paper (or me).
Thank you for the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
I use a metal ruler to make longer folds. I set the part on something with a straight length along one side, like a desk top, and position the fold line on the edge. I then lay the ruler on the part along the fold line and fold up. It does leave a less crisp fold as you mentioned so I use what is called a bone folder to flatten out the fold more.
The bone folder! I have one! I bought it some years ago, I would like to build or maintain books, but currently I have not the right room. Anciently made of whale bone, now cow bone; a a friend of mine, that build books by profession, told me to avoid the synthetic ones, because in the long run they tend to absorb the paper pigment slithering on the cover and release it one white paper.

Great advices!
Old 09-23-2020, 07:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.29 MB
Cool

That is what I have been doing to make folding.