PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Tips and Tricks

Old 05-04-2012, 09:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.48 MB
Thank you very much for awesome tip...it's useful to make papermodel look cool.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Awwww, sorry! Was by no means serious. I tho't "Darts Of Integrity" would be sufficiently absurd.

I'd kinda like to watch a thread on this one too--the Phantom's my favorite fighter (I tried to set out a qualified "best" in that thread & got shouted down along with all the other users of caps and punctuation), tho' I lean toward the D model, "the NEXT Last Gunfighter." Now, there's a nose I wouldn't want petals on.

'Duster
Old 05-05-2012, 09:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudsonduster View Post
Awwww, sorry! Was by no means serious. I tho't "Darts Of Integrity" would be sufficiently absurd.

I'd kinda like to watch a thread on this one too--the Phantom's my favorite fighter (I tried to set out a qualified "best" in that thread & got shouted down along with all the other users of caps and punctuation), tho' I lean toward the D model, "the NEXT Last Gunfighter." Now, there's a nose I wouldn't want petals on.

'Duster
No sorry necessary, I like your use and abuse of the English language. Yep the Phantoms one of my favorites also, I have avoided an opinion on the "Best" thread but have been paying attention. Not sure about D model will come back on that one.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hey, thanks.

The D choice is purely an aesthetic one for me, I like the pugnacious look of the big bulbous nose--'course, the narrower ones do enhance the "Wild Weasel" look, so that works...but I'm drifting too much. Talk later.

'Dust
Old 05-05-2012, 01:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
The trick, of course, is in the painting of it. You did that so well. I haven't really dared try the painting bit yet. - L.
Google Adsense
Old 05-05-2012, 02:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif Ohlsson View Post
The trick, of course, is in the painting of it. You did that so well. I haven't really dared try the painting bit yet. - L.
Yes you are right of course. The trick though is not the paint but the texture, anyone who is not color blind, can get the base coat right. But that does not replicate the texture of the printed piece, it is picking the right surface to roll the part on that gets that right. I use sponges, screen material and plastic wrap to pull the paint off the base coat on the second layer. The joy in this is you can go many times, and if you get too far off the mark, let it dry and sand again. Now you have a clean slate. That part took about 15 minutes to zero in. Anyway try painting on flat surfaces and play with the dry brush, and sponge, you'll like it.