PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Tips and Tricks

Old 06-28-2012, 02:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Corrugation die tool

Corrugations made easy - Britmodeller.com

The link to this review was posted over at the Wings of Peace forum...looks to be a handy tool for replicating small scale corrugations a la the skins from the Ju-52, Ford Trimotor etc, I assume that dies might be available that would suit larger scale models as well...

Not sure how or even if this would work with paper but it might be interesting to try...
Google Adsense
Old 06-28-2012, 02:33 PM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
Evergreen Corrugated Plastic Sheets Work Well...,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONeill View Post
Corrugations made easy - Britmodeller.com

The link to this review was posted over at the Wings of Peace forum...looks to be a handy tool for replicating small scale corrugations a la the skins from the Ju-52, Ford Trimotor etc, I assume that dies might be available that would suit larger scale models as well...

Not sure how or even if this would work with paper but it might be interesting to try...
Evergreen has a fairly wide selection of corrugated sheets that satisfies most paper scales. I have several different sizes to make corrugated aluminum. Paper backing is recommended as the result is susceptible to dings and dents.

Just line up the sheet between two corrugated sheets making sure that the corrugations mesh like a gear place between two plywood backing plates and squeeze the sandwich together in a vise. If you don't have a vise use a little beeswax on one side of the Evergreen corrugated plastic piece and burnish the sandwich "with vigor" till the corrugations are fully impressed on the sheet.

It can be used on paper - two sheets of paper glued together and pressed between the plastic corrugated sheets until the glue sets - which takes a long time to dry unless you're judicious in selecting glues and getting the set just right before removing the piece to air dry (i.e. takes practice). The two sheets result in a stiff enough result that stands up to normal building stresses.

+Gil