PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Tips and Tricks

Old 05-06-2018, 12:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 554.2 KB
Friends a question.
If I want to change the scale of a pdf file of World of Paper tanks. I saw that the models are 1:50 and would like to increase to 1:25. I know I will have to edit the file somehow, since it will not fit on a normal A4 sheet.
So it would only increase 200% the size of the model.
And what program would be interesting to edit the template.
Thank you
Old 05-06-2018, 01:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 451.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorbrasil View Post
And what program would be interesting to edit the template.
Thank you
All WoPT files I have opened were PDFs embedding one large raster with the base textures, plus several vector objects for tabs, part numbers, and text annotations. If you want to preserve the vector features, Inkscape works fine, but one page at a time.
Old 05-06-2020, 03:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.83 MB
AXM 1:100 scale to 1/60

I am trying to match the AXM stand alone Tesla Payload to a Matchbox model if the actual car. I found one on E-bay cheap snd it’s perfect for this. But I am having issues trying to upscale it which look like about 160% on my printer. I have an Edson 1400 Wide 13x19 printer but nothing I do allows me to get it all, on the paper even though there is room. How can I get this to work?

"Oh wisdom thou are fled to brutish beasts and men have lost their reason" (Bill Shakespear)
Old 09-11-2022, 02:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 81.64 MB
models in 1/87 and 1/100

hello!
i have a question related to this topic too,i have some models in both scales 1/87 and 1/100, problem is that the 1/100 is kinda too small in comparison to the 1/87 ones, does anybody have any advice to what scale i should resizee them? 1/100 to 1/87 doesn't work because it cuts off the parts, and i'm afraid that 1/87 to 1/100 would make it too small/complicatted.
help?
Old 09-11-2022, 04:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.26 GB
I offer my sympathy. I have printed several models at different scales, but my current HP printer only fights me whenever I try. One printer, that has died, would provide prints in a "book" format for increasing scale, that would give cut marks or line to locate the page change. With arm wrestling I can scale down, but not up as I used to.

Bob Neill
Google Adsense
Old 09-11-2022, 06:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
You need to learn a little Gimp, Photoshop or Inkscape as the easiest way to fix this.

In any of these you can easily scale up your model and copy the new larger pieces into a new document of the size you wish to print.
Old 09-11-2022, 09:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
If you have access to a wide printer that can use A3 paper or the US equivalent, upscaling from 1/100 to 1/87 is straightforward. The ratio between A3 and A4 is 1.414, so printing your 1/100 on A3 instead of the original A4 will give you a 1/71 enlargement. For exact scaling or multipage files, refer to my 'precise print scaling from your web browser' thread on this forum:

Precise scaling from your web browser

Last edited by lfuente; 09-11-2022 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-11-2022, 10:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuente View Post
The ratio between A3 and A4 is 1.414
This is correct. The dimensions of DIN A4 portrait are width x height 210mm x 297mm. The dimensions of DIN A3 portrait are 297mm x 420mm.
The long side of A_x is always equal to the short side of A_(x+1) and the long side of A_(x+1) is always equal to 2 times the short side of A_x.

This is one way of scaling an image: It is straightforward to convert the most common graphics formats to one another using GIMP. Load (or import) a file in GIMP and then export it as Encapsulated PostScript by using the suffix ".eps".

Then, write a TeX file containing the following code:

%% Set the dimensions of the document:

\vsize=297mm %% For DIN A4 portrait
\hsize=210mm

or

\vsize=11in %% For 8 1/2 by 11 inches
\hsize=8.5in

Say we're using 8 1/2 by 11:

\special{papersize=8.5in, 11in}
\input epsf
\epsfsize#1#2{1.414#1} %% This sets the scaling to 1.414.

Then to include the image:

\epsffile{myfile.eps}

You can change the scaling at any time by calling \epsfsize again with a different argument for the scale.

To position an image on the page you can use something like this:

\vbox to \vsize{%
\vskip.5in %% Skip down half an inch
\hskip.75in %% Skip to the right 3/4in
\line{\epsffile{myfile.eps}\hss}
\vss}

\bye %% End the document

To make a PDF from this TeX file call the following commands from the command line:

tex mydocument.tex
dvipdfmx mydocument.dvi

pdftex doesn't work with epsf.

If anyone wants a complete example, I'll be happy to put one together (I've got dozens).
Old 09-12-2022, 11:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 81.64 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuente View Post
If you have access to a wide printer that can use A3 paper or the US equivalent, upscaling from 1/100 to 1/87 is straightforward. The ratio between A3 and A4 is 1.414, so printing your 1/100 on A3 instead of the original A4 will give you a 1/71 enlargement. For exact scaling or multipage files, refer to my 'precise print scaling from your web browser' thread on this forum:

Precise scaling from your web browser
that's the issue, i don't have a printer that can take A3
Old 09-12-2022, 11:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
It should be no problem to take sections from an image and save them in separate files with GIMP. You can save them in EPS format or some other one.

Another possibility is to modify the method I suggested and print portions of the scaled image on separate pages. It's no problem to shift the image so that part of it goes off the page. If this is of interest to you, I'll explain how to do it, unless it's already clear.
Google Adsense