PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Tips and Tricks

Old 03-12-2009, 04:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.54 MB
How to put/print two A4 size PDF files on one A3 size PDF file?

Hi everyone,

I need to print a few kits, and in order to save printing costs, I'd like to print them on an A3 sheets. I found a software that merges/splits 2 A4 pdf files into one A3 size file or splits an A3 with two documents into two A4 files. But what I see on the screen is different than the A3 printer sees. It takes the merged A3 file and prints two A4 sheets. When I opened this A3 document in Acrobat Reader, there are two A$ documents in this file, instead of one A3 document. Is there a way to make a printable A3 file from two A4 files?

Thanks, Moshe
Google Adsense
Old 03-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Moshe,

If have Photoshop (or any other software like that that can open an unlocked PDF file) you should be able to cut and paste the documents into a new document of the size you want.

I mean you should be able to open an A3 PDF and cut and paste into two seperate A4 files. Of vice versa.

I hope this makes sense.

john

My Drawings
Old 03-12-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bowden View Post
Moshe,

If have Photoshop (or any other software like that that can open an unlocked PDF file) you should be able to cut and paste the documents into a new document of the size you want.

I mean you should be able to open an A3 PDF and cut and paste into two seperate A4 files. Of vice versa.

I hope this makes sense.

john

John,

I hoped someone would know of a low-cost/free software that can do it.
The printshop owner didn't like the extra job they had, and said that next time the'll charge me for $25.00/hour for manualy putting the two A4's into an A3 sheet. And that would make the job too expensive :(

Moshe
Old 03-12-2009, 09:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Check out Open Office.

OpenOffice Suite <= Link

It is a full free office suite compatible with MS products that can view edit and create PDFs. It also includes a vector drawing program similar to earlier versions of Corel Draw.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi Moshe, all this looks rather complicated to me. Why not changing the paperlayout in your printers menue and print side after side changing the starting edge of your A3 ... Or am I on a mistake in what you want? D.
Google Adsense
Old 03-16-2009, 12:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 126.00 MB
Send a message via MSN to n810 Send a message via Skype™ to n810
Moshe,
In the future if you need it done, just let me know and I'll merge the files for you. I have lots of high end graphics gear so I can automate the process pretty easy and send you the finished files in probably less than a day.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
Hi Moshe, all this looks rather complicated to me. Why not changing the paperlayout in your printers menue and print side after side changing the starting edge of your A3 ... Or am I on a mistake in what you want? D.
The software that I have is "PDF Splitter and Merger 3.0", but it dosn't help.
The printshop owner, does not want to bother with a lot of work. he has 170g sheets only in A3 format, and want the file to be A3 and not made of two A4's, as I brought him.

Moshe

Last edited by Moshe; 03-16-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n810 View Post
Moshe,
In the future if you need it done, just let me know and I'll merge the files for you. I have lots of high end graphics gear so I can automate the process pretty easy and send you the finished files in probably less than a day.
Thanks, N810. But as things are now, there is not enough demand for printed kits. If I have, I'll contact you.

Thanks, Moshe
Old 09-29-2016, 05:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe View Post
Hi everyone,

I need to print a few kits, and in order to save printing costs, I'd like to print them on an A3 sheets. I found a software that merges/splits 2 A4 pdf files into one A3 size file or splits an A3 with two documents into two A4 files. But what I see on the screen is different than the A3 printer sees. It takes the merged A3 file and prints two A4 sheets. When I opened this A3 document in Acrobat Reader, there are two A$ documents in this file, instead of one A3 document. Is there a way to make a printable A3 file from two A4 files?

Thanks, Moshe
Hello, Moshe!
At my opinion, u can use special software for this task
there are poster razor or ronyasoft poster printer at my list. second program much better then first.
At this progs u can print different sizes of papers as multiple pages.
good luck
Old 12-13-2016, 11:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Sometimes if your printer cannot print A3 size pages when you do a print preview it will only show page sizes that your printer can handle. Perhaps that is why you see two separate A4 pages instead of the one A3.

Install CutePDF Writer.

CutePDF :: Product :: CutePDF Writer

It is a virtual printer that will generate pdf files as the output instead of printed pages. Once installed you should see it listed in the printer selection dropdown menu.

Open the merged pdf file where you combined the two single page pdf files into a single two page pdf file.

Choose CutePDF Writer as the printer.
Pages to Print: All
Choose Page Set Up then change page size to A3.
Under Page Sizing & Handling choose Multiple.
Pages per sheet: 2
Page Order: Vertical (you can choose Horizontal if you want, just keep an eye on the print preview window to make sure everything looks OK.)
Choose Auto-rotate pages within each sheet.
Then print. Cute PDF Writer will generate a pdf with a single A3 size page with both of the graphics from the A4 page sizes.

Other virtual pdf printers might be able to do the same, you will have to explore them in the print dialogue to find the equivalent commands.

Remember, though, that you have to have a printer selected that can print A3 pages if you want to see the print preview showing A3 size.
Google Adsense