PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Tips and Tricks

Old 04-05-2014, 09:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Me thinks this guy Jim needs a little more watching....

Had me until realized that Don's post wasn't a double-meaning, it was very singular, and the proper response!

Don't know how long it took to think this up, but still laughing at the Genius of it!

Thanks for sharing?!

Mike
Old 04-06-2014, 11:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
My dad worked on Cobra Attack helicopters in Vietnam. He used to send 1st Lieutenants out trying to find a replacement "ASH Receiver" for their helicopters. After running around all day they would come back and say they couldn't find one. He would say "no problem we'll just take it from another bird" He would then walk over and pull the ash tray out from another helicopter. Remember this is back when people could smoke ALL the time.

As a photographer the task was to find "Focusing fluid"
When it was my turn in the Army as part of am M1 tank crew we would send people out to find find radiator fluid for the Jet turbine engine. Have them check track tension by taking two pry bars, stick them under the road wheels and jumping up and down on the handles.
We also did the "check for soft spots in the armor with a hammer" one guy said "Your pulling my leg" so we opened up the manual and showed him a picture of some one standing on top of the tank. He didn't read it, just went "OK" and started pounding away.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 94.36 MB
<LOL>
Ain't y'all just a tad ornery ... ?
- Tex (who has no idea what a horse shoe stretcher is ...)