PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Tips and Tricks

Old 10-31-2014, 08:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Cool No Expert , But want more

Hi:

I came to a decision some years back . If I could get plans in the sizes I need . I would then use my drafting skills to draw out a paper-model , Sure it would be painted and have P/E rails and ladders ( I don't care for solid white mini-walls with lines on them .)
I do usually " Paint " bought models with Craft clearcoat . Gloss for autos , semi- gloss for planes and flat or semi-gloss for ships that are all pre-colored .
Now with the drawn ones I assemble ,say , the hull . Waterline without deck . I spray it with the craft clear flat .Twice .This coats both sides of the paper and gives a good surface for painting and makes the ship sides and wing surfaces on planes stiffer .
I don't know if many know this , but , you do NOT saturate the paper on the first pass .You just give it enough spray , that in the light you can see it's applied . Wait 24 hours then spray your second coat .( This also protects the models from moisture in a humid environment ! )
Now , all that said .I want more ! There are tons of ships and planes but few cars . If planes can look like their plastic or wood counterparts in paper then cars should too . I guess I'll have to try a car . Any suggestions? ?
.I like family cars and luxury cars of the fifties and sixties ! I have done two freebies that had a lot of curves . Got them done and I will say , it wasn't as hard as it looked ! Papersurprise 50
Google Adsense
Old 10-31-2014, 08:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Would Rosco's cars fit the bill?

The Next Wave...
Old 10-31-2014, 06:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 198.27 MB
I had a 1953 Kaiser Manhattan when I was a teenager.
Black body, white top and white walls.
I would love to have a model of that car.