PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Tips and Tricks

Old 09-08-2016, 05:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I've got a few different syringes....but I can't get Aileens to go through them.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
I shall now add my .001Cents worth on Syringes Being a diabetic I have lots of them. I use 31guage a really fine needle 18guage would be better for glue not in my leg. I have found that you can't suck up the glue through the needle you have to pull the plunger out and fill it from the back only put 10 or 15 units in at a time. put the plunger in and expell the air from the tube. then one has to press the plunger strongly to get the glue out. If any one wants to see pictures I could grab a used syringe and load it and take some pictures.
Miles
By the way you can color the glue with water based paint and make rivets
Old 09-08-2016, 06:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 115.91 MB
airdave introduced us to the Brush technique for our Group build, and it's very nice. Squirt a bit of Glue on a piece of scratch paper, and have a little cup of Water close by to clean the Brush, which I do after every application. I'll massage the bristles in the cup to make sure there's no clumps of Glue left sticking to them.

Alan
Old 09-08-2016, 09:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Linnabery View Post
I have found that you can't suck up the glue through the needle you have to pull the plunger out and fill it from the back only put 10 or 15 units in at a time. put the plunger in and expell the air from the tube. then one has to press the plunger strongly to get the glue out.
Miles
Hi Miles,

this is the exact dental syringe I use = https://www.amazon.com/Ezy-Care-Dent...aning+syringes

It is designed to pull the plunger out for refills, has a nice opening to expel the glue and works great if you thin Aleenes Turbo tacky with a slight amount of water. Elmers flows through it without thinning. The curved end gives a great view for where the glue is going.

Best part is how big the glue "well" is!
Mike
Old 09-12-2016, 03:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 151.94 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
I've got a few different syringes....but I can't get Aileens to go through them.
I've started using Aleen's, it'll go through the 18 gauge needles I have, while a 22 gauge needle just laughs at me.

This isn't exactly what I have I would think this would do:

https://www.amazon.com/Duda-Energy-S...r=8-7&keywords
Google Adsense
Old 09-12-2016, 03:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 151.94 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Linnabery View Post
I shall now add my .001Cents worth on Syringes Being a diabetic I have lots of them. I use 31guage a really fine needle 18guage would be better for glue not in my leg. I have found that you can't suck up the glue through the needle you have to pull the plunger out and fill it from the back only put 10 or 15 units in at a time. put the plunger in and expell the air from the tube. then one has to press the plunger strongly to get the glue out. If any one wants to see pictures I could grab a used syringe and load it and take some pictures.
Miles
That's the same way I fill mine. As a diabetic, you can get a set of 18 gauge "fill needles" for cheap...