PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Tips and Tricks

Old 08-18-2017, 12:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 125.24 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcold View Post
I suggest Inkscape (free) - import the pdf and edit the parts as you please. One disadvantage is that it only imports single pages individually, but if you have issues with single part only, it should do just fine.
I opened it with AbleWord (free). Problem is, the entire sheet is one graphic. Also, when I open that one graphic in Paint Shop Pro, it's some enormous size. No idea how to rescale that to 1:48.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
What I do in Corel is resize the paper to size it is supposed to be, letter, A4 or whatever, make sure your pixel count is set to 300 x 300 (Corel automatically defaults to 72 x 72).

Next I resize it back up to size I desire (put in whatever percentage is required). Corel (and I assume other graphic programs) allows you to resize (or resample) by both size and percentage. Once you have everything the right size, cut and past (just keep duplicating the page) the pieces to size paper you want to print out. I find that it is easier to keep everything straight if you make a second multipage document with everything corrected in it, so you don't end up with parts that don't fit accidently.

Beard
Old 08-19-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Beard View Post
What I do in Corel is resize the paper to size it is supposed to be, letter, A4 or whatever, make sure your pixel count is set to 300 x 300 (Corel automatically defaults to 72 x 72).

Next I resize it back up to size I desire (put in whatever percentage is required). Corel (and I assume other graphic programs) allows you to resize (or resample) by both size and percentage. Once you have everything the right size, cut and past (just keep duplicating the page) the pieces to size paper you want to print out. I find that it is easier to keep everything straight if you make a second multipage document with everything corrected in it, so you don't end up with parts that don't fit accidently.

Beard
This is what I did using Paint Shop Pro (I think it's now called Corel). It came out the correct size. By cropping it into printable chunks I wound up with 11 printable sheets. There will be a lot of blank space on most of the sheets, but I have a lot of card stock.

I would post some of my resized pieces for you to see, but the owner of the model has forbidden reposting any parts.

Thanks to all for your advice. I'll build the model soon.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:01 AM

PS. This the model I upscaled, Niel's Blue Streak: Niels papermodels - Blue Streak
Old 08-19-2017, 10:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
The Corel raster program is Photo Paint. Their vector program (which I use for this type of stuff) is Corel Draw (X7). I think Paint Shop Pro is an Adobe product. It's all apples and oranges, if you can get it to do what you want it to, its all good.

Beard
Google Adsense
Old 08-20-2017, 02:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.29 GB
PaintShopPro is also a COREL-product right now. Used to be fro JASC-Software...
PSP is at version 2018.

Willem E.
(AKA Ponytail)