PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Tips and Tricks

Old 10-02-2017, 02:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.08 MB
Any source for Renesans brand paints?

Anyone have a source for Renesans brand paints?

When I built my first paper model, a Shipyard kit of HMS Alert, I discovered a brand of artist's acrylic paints from Poland called Renesans. I absolutely LOVE this stuff.

Shipyard actually uses this brand in their boxed kits, and used to sell individual tubes on their website, but no longer sell paint separately. When I asked them directly about the brand, they simply suggested I look on the Internet.

The problem is that the stuff only appears to be available in Poland. The specific line is referred to as Renesans Colours. The paint is not expensive and comes in 20ml tubes (but also 125ml and 500ml jars and tubs), so ordering a dozen of them shouldn't cost any more than buying some of the artist acrylics here in the USA, probably still cost a lot less.

Farby akrylowe - Renesans Colour Szał dla Plastyków - profesjonalny sklep plastyczny

I found a site that sells them, but they are in Poland and they only take bank transfers, which in the US are really expensive.

And before anyone suggests other brands instead, I've spent a lot of time and money testing out other stuff on paper and I love these for their flatness, slight transparency, and consistency.

I still have my original supply, as a little goes a long way on paper projects, but I want to stock up a little, and need to find a source.

Thanks,
Clare

Blog: shipmodeler.wordpress.com
Google Adsense
Old 10-06-2017, 12:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Checked the 2 largest mail order art supplies houses in the US and they don't have that brand. Looks like you stuck with doing the bank transfer or experimenting with another brand.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:05 PM

I finally did hear from the Polish online art supply shop, but they only reaffirmed that they only accept Bank Transfers for US orders. I check with my bank and they want $40 for an international bank transfer.

I've been looking for other European supply houses that might carry the brand that will let me pay with credit card or Paypal. I found one, but they won't ship here.

Like you say, I'll either have to place a big order (to reduce the cost per ounce), spend a ridiculous amount for a small order, or use another brand entirely.

Thanks.

Old 10-07-2017, 06:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 23.32 MB
This site indicates Paypal as best I can make out with google translate.
https://www.swiatmodeli.eu/pl/c/Renesans/58
Old 10-07-2017, 06:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Yes, swiatmodeli does look as if they will accept PayPal payments.
Jak u mnie kupić ? link - How to buy me?

You need to register so you can track your order.

Info about shipment and payment from the translated text:
"For international shipments
a) Polish Post - From the menu select the destination country (registered letter or parcel)

3. There are three possibilities for payment.
a) the cash - payable on delivery of the bearer.
b) transfer - a payment on account prior to shipment of goods - prepayment
c) PAYPAL - payment via e-mail"

Looks like something to check out. The price for a 20 ml tube of the Renesans paint is 5,10 zł/$1.25 USD as of this posting.
Google Adsense
Old 10-07-2017, 12:11 PM

You people are AWESOME! I knew someone here would be able to help.

I just placed a small order to test out the ability to purchase from this seller. So far, so good.

Keeping the order down to 9 tubes of paint, the shipping cost isn't too bad (it doubles if I go over this) and the final price per tube, delivered, ends up being $3.73 each. Though a lot more than $1.25 per tube, it's absolutely affordable. They charged $3 for Paypal fees, but it sure beats paying my bank $40!

Thanks again,
Clare

Old 10-21-2017, 02:03 PM

Thank you Christian and Doug!

My paints arrived today, I am SOOOOOO happy! Not as much about getting the paints, but about the fact that this is now a viable source for them.

I live in California and it took exactly 14 days after they received my order. As I said, best value is to order 9 tubes and it comes out to $3.73 per tube. The shipping cost goes up when adding a 10th tube. But, you could order 18 tubes and get the best value of all, which would be about $3.05 per tube.

Trying to order any more than this causes an error. Apparently Polish Post can't deliver heavier items to the U.S. and you have to pick another carrier, but I was not able to do so. I don't know if it's a browser issue or limitation of the site.

No matter. I'm happy to be able to get what I need. I doubt I'll ever need to order that much at any time.

Thanks again!

Old 04-14-2023, 10:15 PM

Hello again folks!

Well, links to that online shop for the Renesans paints no longer work due to security certificate issues. None of my browsers will allow me to access the site.

Any other art supply shop that might carry the Renesans brand (Polish) of acrylics that would also ship to the USA?

Old 04-15-2023, 12:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 872.31 MB
You might try arttravels.co.uk. They stock various Renasans acrylics and I’m pretty sure they will ship to the USA. Good luck!
Old 04-15-2023, 05:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 93.28 MB
It's strange!
I am living in Poland and I often purchased some materials from "Szał dla Plastyków" online shop.
Today I tried to use the link from the very first post in this thread ('2017) and I found it to be still valid. The shop for sure is active all the time.
Moreover, on the "Shipment" page I found info for the foreign customers. It looks like this shop sends the purchased items abroad (which was impossible in 2017), however they require the direct email contact before the payment/shipment. See the attached "print screen" image for details.
Attached Thumbnails
Any source for Renesans brand paints?-screenshot_2023-04-15-13-13-06-927-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg