PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Tips and Tricks

Old 09-07-2019, 03:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Use phone to translate

Greg (modelperry) mentioned using his phone to translate some instructions in post 4 in this thread GPM De Dion Bouton 75 mm and it got me looking for the same.
The Google Translate app for phones has a feature where you can use the camera to scan the words on a page and have it translate. I tried it on some Czech instructions on a printed Astro Racers model and it worked. The Google Translate app has language modules you can download for offline translation. Keep a eye on your internal storage capacity, though. If you can, move the stuff onto the SD card.

I also used an app called Text Fairy that will OCR the printed instructions on a page and then you can import that into the Google Translate app.

I tried it on the same Czech instructions. The results were a bit different but basically gave the same information. You just have to try to work out the literal translation you get. The AI needs to go to grammar school.

Thanks for the nudge, Greg.
Google Adsense
Old 09-07-2019, 06:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
👍 you are very welcome!