PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Tips and Tricks

Old 11-09-2020, 08:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
The big selling point? Notice most all say Safety blade.

I have a gross of blades bought years ago. 144 tubes with 12 blades in each tube. LHS going out of business sale.

If I just used the knife all would be good, however any new cutting device will always get my attention.

I have three different sizes of rotary cutters, 3-different #11 handles, (the new safety style from Fiskars will leave you bloody-handle doesn't lock down the blade very well).

For scissors I have 6-different ones, different lengths, for different types of cutting. My favorite are the spring loaded ones where you don't have to put your fingers/thumb through any holes, just a handle you squeeze to cut with.

This weekend bought some MOAB Slickrock Silver Metallic photo media (can't call it paper it is a form of plastic sheeting) that is 300gsm. Hoping it will add some pizzaz to a F104 Starfighter model.

I plan to test the slice blade to see how well it performs. At a little under $4 it was cheap enough to buy for testing, if it doesn't work out, well I'm only out $4 not what they used to cost.

Mike