PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Tips and Tricks

Old 05-26-2008, 04:11 PM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
Canon Pixma MX7600 Printer

Canon has a new all-in-one printer (yeah I know) which has an interesting clear ink feature. I lifted the following from CNET's review on the product:

"The quality of prints has also improved as well, thanks to Canon's new Pigment Reaction inkjet technology. In contrast to its MX700 that has four ink tanks, the MX7600 has six tanks, five Lucia pigment inks and one cartridge of clear ink. Canon's Pigment Reaction works by laying down a coat of the clear ink first and bonding it with the color pigments to create better quality graphics on plain paper. We found the text quality to be well formed with no jagged edges or misplaced ink dots. While some other multifunction inkjets, such as the Brother MFC-685CW, produce photos with fuzzy edges and dull colors, the MX7600 graphics are bright and sharp, even on standard 20-pound sheets. The graphics we printed seemed to pop off the page with smooth gradients and an overall even amount of color saturation. The addition of the clear ink cartridge boosts the package price of the MX7600 a bit; the new clear ink cartridge costs $18, a few dollars more than the $15 pigment inks."

CNET Review is Here: http://reviews.cnet.com/multifunctio...-32897971.html

I am wondering how this would work on stock that inkjets normally can't print on...,

+Gil
Google Adsense