PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Tirick's Projects

Old 12-12-2010, 08:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
Emplacement rough-ins are now built. I have an upper deck section, but for display I may use a clear acetate panel. Aside from some minor adjustments to the door, I'm nearly done. All of the components are modeled and printed, I hope to build those over the next few days.

With instructions and the holidays I imagine this will drift into a new-year release.

Enjoy!
Tirick
Old 02-11-2011, 06:35 AM

The Naval cannon, complete with fittings, tools and emplacement, is now available in the TCF Gaming store. In the next week or so I plan to put together a proper diorama with some of the display options. I don't have 'duck' trousers modeled yet to show figurines with, but I imagine the tunic and trousers of the Man at Arms set might serve for a sans culottes seaman.

Enjoy!
Tirick
Old 02-17-2011, 09:04 PM

The diorama is coming along, although there are a lot of components to put together before I finish (the figures foremost). I thought however that I would present a little teaser of the parts, and the assembly of the train-tackle. The blocks work better than I hoped, and although they are not functional as pulleys, they play the part well. The parts and gun carriage are all built to 1:50.

The bits, unassembled

Blocks, assembled, with the thread (about 1" to scale)

The train-tackle, starting to thread

The train-tackle has to be tightened up a bit yet, and I will likely glue the thread to stiffen it somewhat. I'm not 100% certain if the train tackle is rove to advantage or disadvantage, but will leave it as is.

Enjoy!
Tirick

(I do realize now that the train-tackle is supposed to be a gun-tackle, but I'd modeled a double-tackle instead, and so have assembled it as such.)
Old 02-18-2011, 01:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via MSN to Jerry V
This is a very nice looking model!
Great design!
Previously build; R.M.S. Titanic, 1:200 scale
Currently building; S.S. Nomadic 1:250 scale
Old 02-21-2011, 09:59 AM

The diorama is now complete, using a bit of thin thread, embroidery floss and parts from the Man at Arms and Expansion. Needless to say, I'm quite pleased with the result (although its used up my 'store' of pre-built figurine components).

I've a large collection of images, although I'll only display a few here, the rest will be in the inline links.

To start, I've a few shots of the emplacement before I added figures. I regret not using a white background, but its too late to correct now. I used thick thread for the tackle and embroidery floss for the cascabel rope. The floss is very lightly woven, so I had a bit of a fight keeping it together. They are about 1" and 2" to scale respectively (I built it to 1:50).

A side angle

Top down

Another angle

Assembling the figures took about 2-3 hours, about 1/2 hour per figure. I only modeled 5, rather than the typical 6 as I do not have a figure suitable for a powder monkey. These first few shots are before I touched up the white spaces, to give you an idea of the detail right from assembly.

Side View

Along the gun

From above

Another angle

To give you a sense of scale, the whole assembly fits in the palm of my hand:

Finally, I took a 1/2 hour to touch up the obvious whitespaces, and present the final diorama.

Side view

Along the gun

Opposite side

Bit of a top-angle view

Enjoy!
Tirick