PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Tirick's Projects

Old 09-15-2011, 08:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I'm always in awe of these builds. My efforts have been less than spectacular.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Cleverly engineered! Great idea, and well executed!
Old 09-16-2011, 10:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
This is an excellent idea and I'm sure will be in great demand.

My galleries
Old 09-18-2011, 07:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
Thank you all for your comments, they are very encouraging!

While you've seen the 'Mae West' assembled, here are shots of it, as well as the final part for the figure, the uniform jacket. I've included rank stripes (enough for Air Marshall, if you wish) but not the braid slides as even at 1:35 they would be very small. As with the combat jacket, the uniform collar can be assembled open to display the collar/tie of the dress shirt.

I will be making instructions soon, starting tonight most like. I intent to try a much more visual (and less wordy) instruction with these. Pepakura Viewer 3.0 is a brilliant tool for viewing portions of models, and I hope to leverage this for the instructions.

Enjoy!
Tirick
Old 09-24-2011, 04:23 PM

The RAF Pilot is now released, and in the store section of my site: TCF Gaming – Portal

At the advice of a random stranger (thank you G+) I added a small element; Officer braiding options to the peaked hat:

I have abandoned the idea of adding different zoned coloring. The tropical uniform includes short sleeve shirts and shorts, neither of which I'm prepared to add at this time.

The set does include both the service coat and the war service coat, as well as the Irvine jacket, Mae West life vest and the seat-type parachute, most of which has been demonstrated in posts above. There are full detailed instructions included with the two scales 1:50 and 1:35.

Thank you all for following!
Sean
Old 09-25-2011, 09:08 PM

Here are some completed 'in cockpit' shots of the figure. The plane is (as I've mentioned above) Andrew Inwald's Bader Spitfire. I've made a few minor errors in the fuselage build (the cockpit is not perfectly parallel, for example), and dropped the back half of the fuselage in wet paint, but I'm happy with it thus far. I may make a separate build thread for this, although there are already a few, so I don't know what I can add to the topic. I did have to move the adjustable pedals out a fair ways to accommodate the pilot's legs, but it was easy enough to accomplish. The canopy bubble (not yet glued in) sits a comfortable bit above the head, which is great.

Enjoy!
Sean

Tags
pilot, raf, wwii