PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Tirick's Projects

Old 07-25-2011, 04:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
I appreciate the offer; thank you. Once I get the beast back I will put it through its traces, and maybe source some better replacement components if it holds up; starting with a power supply. The one it came with was bottom-barrel, for certain, and I want to be sure it can handle a PCIe card and extra drive.

Thank you,
Tirick
Old 07-25-2011, 03:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
The prebuilt systems always seem to slap in the very minimum for power supplies.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
HP has delivered the beast back to me. They replaced the memory and reflashed the BIOS so I have hopes it will stay stable. I ran a stress test for a few hours without complaint, which is a good sign. I have a lot of work rebuilding the system, but I hope to throw myself into projects early next week.

Thank you you all for your support.
Sean