PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Tirick's Projects

Old 03-11-2012, 09:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
New Project: Starship: Corridors

I have finished the design on a new project: Modular Starship Corridors. This is the first part of a larger set, which will eventually include basic rooms, level changes as well as context specific room sections such as a bridge, shuttle bay, etc. I also intend to design static elements for the rooms, although I want to focus on the architecture first.

This is probably the fastest I've gone from concept to completed and textured design. I initially conceived this a little more than a week ago. While I have yet to do the .pdo layouts (and indeed, build a prototype), I am essentially done the 'hard' part, the design.

The intent of this set is to provide a modularized set of three-dimensional corridors for use in miniature gaming. While the design is set to 1:50 scale (each of the shown squares is 1 meter to scale (2 cm printed), the corridors are designed to accommodate most 35 mm gaming figurines. I have tried to keep all of the individual elements simple, for ease of building, while yet retaining a non-boxy look and feel to the layout.

I hope to have this ready and up for sale within the week. As an experiment, I will be offering this for less than all of my other kits, at $2 CDN.

Some close-ups:

Wide Corridor Door: Closed

Wide Corridor Door: Open

Narrow Corridor Elements.

Wide Corridor Elements

Enjoy!
Sean
Old 03-11-2012, 09:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
Awesome, and at $2?! You're mad man!

Now, this may be off topic but, I believe you should showcase your Spitfire
(I see it on Google +, but let's see it here )
Old 03-12-2012, 06:47 AM

Depending on how things pan out, I may not be selling these on my site at all. Some [insert whatever adjective you prefer] hacked my registrar account and transferred my domains. So, now my site points to a hack notice.

Wonderful start to a Monday.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:41 AM

Update: Thankfully the site hack was limited to the Wordpress DB and seems to have been a global hack, not a directed one; I can't find the source of the redirect however, so I've removed the WP install. I'm going to have to play around with CMS softwares and see if I can find one that suits as a replacement. For now I have one up that at least directs to the store section of the site (which was not effected).
Old 03-12-2012, 09:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
razzum frazzum rum rip ... blinking hackers make life difficult.

This has an awful lot of potential. Good luck getting your site back the way you want it to be.
Google Adsense
Old 03-14-2012, 06:37 PM

The Pepakura layouts are all complete now, all that remains are instructions, which, while not hefty on the text, will still require some work. Release is on track to be ready within the week.

I needed to make a few more sections than anticipated, but here are some shots of the parts available in the set, as well as a sample layout:

Enjoy!
Sean
Old 03-14-2012, 07:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 71.56 MB
Can you do some more closer to star trek style than star wars style like these some time these are great I would like to be able to use them for my star trek figures than star wars figures that I dont have
Old 03-14-2012, 07:35 PM

I honestly wasn't aiming for a style. At one point I had considered making true-to-film corridors from the Tantive IV, but I never got around to it. As well, if these were based on anyone else's work, I would not be able to sell them anyway.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 71.56 MB
I was not asking for actual star trek Corridors just something that looks like them in color or shape
Old 03-15-2012, 07:39 AM

This set is now up in the store. As noted above, I've set the price lower than typical, at $2 CDN. but don't let that deter you. There are 22 unique elements to the set, which can be mixed and matched to create countless layouts. The download is quite large, a little less than 100 megs, this is unfortunately due to the terrible compression on the .pdo format.

My site can be found in my signature, or you can also click here.

Thank you!
Sean