PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Tirick's Projects

Old 06-07-2012, 07:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
Many thanks for the comments!

The rail texture is complete; it is the train that is getting replaced. I've used an image from the box art for the ICE train/toy set for now. I'll make proper custom GIMP textures in a bit.

Tirick
Old 06-07-2012, 08:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Reminds me a lot of the modular hexagon tiles from Heroscape. Do the figures tend to slip from the sloped tiles?
Old 06-07-2012, 08:57 PM

As of yet I don't know. I'll do some testing with plastic figs to see. The Heavy Gear figure did not slip or tip at all, the incline is fairly shallow.

A lot of the parts will be interchangeable with the road elements, which I will start to model/texture soon. I'm still stumped on the track curves, so I might start on roads before tackling that. Bridge elements, both river/depression crossing and level 1 hills. The grade is a little steep (6.5 deg), but in the interests of keeping the incline limited to 3 hexes I left it.

I have a Guild Wars 2 beta this weekend, after which I will collect the first parts together (hills) and release a file set.

Tirick
Old 06-12-2012, 08:46 PM

Apparently it is possible, if only just, to make 1:1000 scale mechs. For reference, that Canadian penny is about 18 mm in diameter.

I didn't make the toes, I'm sure you'll all forgive me.

In retrospect, if I was to make this a 'thing', if make it card laminar/folded, in many places, rather than paper box structures.

Enjoy!
Tirick
Old 06-24-2012, 12:20 PM

I've finished compiling the Hill Set, and will begin finishing the road/rail set soon, with any luck. The .zip file is too large to share here (55 Megs) so it will be available exclusively in my paper model store (for free as originally noted). Head to my site: Home to obtain a copy. Pepakura designer/reader (available for free) will be required to print and use the files.

If there is enough demand I can create pdf copies of the core files as well.

Enjoy,

Tirick
Old 06-26-2012, 05:06 AM

Set #2 is complete modeling/texturing, I just need to lay out the .pdo files and make instructions. I was originally going to combine road and rail, but I'd rather separate them for now.

Included will be several rail lengths, 'Y' section joiners, 'X' section joiners, a bridge, ramp sections to take the rail up one level, a train and a tunnel connector designed to plug into the hill set.

Enjoy!
Tirick
Old 06-26-2012, 06:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 125.02 MB
very cool i look forward to more of this
Old 06-26-2012, 08:46 PM

I have added .pdf files to the Hill set, for those of you unable (or unwilling) to use the Pepakura files.

Also, some asshat hacked my site (the CMS end only thankfully), so the frontpage is a little sparse at the moment as I needed to strip it bare and rebuild from source files.

Thank you,
Tirick
Old 07-31-2012, 08:57 PM

I am finished about 1/2 of the test build of the 1:1000 scale train set; the straight tracks and the covered bridge. I've mounted the parts on acetate so that I can use them on any terrain board, although
the white glue has during curing warped it a little, they still work well.

With 1:1000 Mechs for scale comparison:

I should really just start a thread on scale structures, but this one serves for now.

Enjoy,
Tirick
Old 08-09-2012, 08:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 689.09 MB
Another possible option would be be to overlay the existing textures with a Solaris 7 'Mech Duel scale hex grid ( 1 standard BattleTech hex = 4 'Mech Duel hexes ). If you've ever used this optional ruleset it definately adds a more MechWarrior feel to the game.
Google Adsense