PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Tirick's Projects

Old 08-12-2012, 08:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
Modular Hex Game Elements 1:1000 Scale (WIP / Release)

I'm moving this from the Hex Hill thread as this ongoing project is migrating from terrain to game set pieces in general. I'll keep a separate thread for actual game pieces (Mechs, Tanks, etc), and reserve this thread for all buildings and 'terrain' in this scale.

For those of you new to the party, this series is specifically designed for 1:1000 hex-board game play (2mm scale). The Battletech game generally refers to this as 'map scale'. Miniatures are not often made to match this scale, although I will be releasing some of my own to support. One of the things that bothers me about wargaming is the lack of relativity to terrain/buildings/figurines.

I've finished the prototype rail sections and just need to complete the instructions before I post them up in my store. As with the hills, all 'Hex' series pieces I currently intend to release for free. The 'store' is merely a convenient repository.

There are a fair number of elements to the rail set, straight tracks, X cross sections, switch tracks, curved tracks, two ramps, a bridge, riser sections for bridging terrain gaps and a mock tunnel entrance that fits up with the Hex Hills set. I've also included a passenger style train. For simplicity I've designed these to join on hex faces only. The upcoming road set will have more joining options (Hex face and point), although to ensure releases are somewhat timely I'm limiting the Road sections to city-style. I will eventually make highway style sections as well (with on ramps, etc.).

At any rate, enjoy.

Tirick
Old 08-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Nice. In my youth I was a keen Avalon (board) games player.......
Old 08-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
And they all had hexes.. And one game had tracks too!