PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Tirick's Projects

Old 10-04-2009, 07:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
Close mate; I'm a Canuck. Thank you for the support!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Heck, I'd Download it even if it were in the "build parts-pose-glue" format you used for the 1:50 clone troopers. It's an original-omniuseful (many, many, many uses) design that can be used for dioramas, build progress pics (as if the 'protagonists' were building), and size comparison. BTW, How Tall are the protagonists when standing upright?
Old 10-05-2009, 10:49 PM

if he's on a true 1:50 and this are average height they should be between 34 and 35 mm tall.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:03 PM

sooo.... about 3.4/5 cm or an inch
Old 10-05-2009, 11:24 PM

well an inch is 2.54 cm, or 25.4 mm, so that's a hair breadth's shy of 1 1/4 inches. at any rate, what maters the most is how they look next to a model, not how exactly they reproduce the human figure. stylization is both expected an encouraged.

at any rate I'm expectant, I loved Tirick's batlle droids and I'm sure his protagonists wont disappoint us.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
They are definetly cool little guys I have printed out enough of the "shinies" to fill one of my LAAT/I gunships with them and I have finished up converting the officer page to a set of pilots. Now going to do individual troops such as Cody, Rex, etc. Thanks again! Tirick.
Jeff
Old 10-06-2009, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfan321 View Post
BTW, How Tall are the protagonists when standing upright?
The stormies came out at 37 mm or so (I use perhaps erroneously a 1.82 m height for them). Pepakura states these are 3.9 (I think the crest increased the size), but my methed for transfer to .pdf is not perfect for scale, so they may not be exact. I know the Clone Troopers are technically a lot shorter than that, but I've left them the same height as the Stormtroopers for consistency.

The Protagonists (once they are released) will be in the same height range, although tweaking of the hip/torso joint will allow you to raise or lower that some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAKEnameguy View Post
at any rate I'm expectant, I loved Tirick's batlle droids and I'm sure his protagonists wont disappoint us.
Thank you, I'm glad you liked them! The STAP is my personal favorite.
Tirick
Old 10-06-2009, 08:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Tirick; I really do like them, I think it is great to have figures in the same medium as the vehicles, and they give them a sense of scale and completeness. The staps and the BD's are great! have to have bad guys for the good guys,LOL. Can't wait the the protaganists to come out, even more poses to do. One mod I did do was to take off the flat top of the head and make it to use the petals as the top to give a more rounded shape, and I found some CW details for them as well such as the rotary blaster, and grenades, and other weapons. Thanks again.
Jeff
Old 10-06-2009, 09:26 AM

Dammit, Now I'm in the mood to make a Zombieland Diorama
Old 10-12-2009, 02:54 PM

It has been several months since I built the ones shown in the first pictures, so I set to reassembling a model to be certain I was happy with the build format. I knew there were a couple of concerns, primarily with the shoulder, but I wanted confirm through building.

In all, I am satisfied with the format. I have a few quick changes to make to the model, adjusting the connections on the elbow, moving the shoulder to the top of bicep (instead of inside to torso shell), and joining the torso bits where I had a cavity to allow for the arm. I had hoped for a joined section where the shoulder is, but I think a free section will work better.

I aim to finish the model this week, and start on the textures and 'extra' bits for the first set. I think, upon review, the first real 'set' will be a selection of Star Wars pilots, starting with the ARC clone pilots from RotS. I will be releasing each model as I finish, to allow those interested to test build and share observations.

Further design progress will be posted (I hope) shortly.

For the curious, I've included a shot with a 1:48 Tamiya figurine for scale referencing.

Google Adsense