PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Tirick's Projects

Old 10-21-2009, 10:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
I also pursue too many things at the same time, usually to the detriment of each and every one of them.

Because you mentioned something about working on the Baneblade, which is a huge model, I did not expect to see any progress here so soon.

This is quite a pleasant surprise. Obviously a lot of people here are excited about that as well. Good job!
Old 10-22-2009, 12:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Man o man; they are really looking good Tirick. you have some talent there with them little guys. The droid looks cool too can wait to see them all ready to go.
Jeff
Old 10-22-2009, 03:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
I'm just happy I found the time to put them together. Every cutout and build seems to go faster now, likely due to repetition. I elected to start the ARC instead of the Baneblade, which now sits next in the queue. I'll likely focus this coming week on the ARC itself, both on the design of the cockpit and the actual assembly of the parts (at least the ones I'm not modifying), although the droid is ample evidence of my capricious muse so its hard to tell.

Thank you all for your encouragement!

Sean

PS Hmmm.. Starfleet uni's hmm? I'd really not thought of the jumpsuit as a potential release. My favorite uniforms are from the Wrath of Khan. I'll definitely add them to the list of future releases though.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:02 PM

Update: I've finished modeling the ARC Armour and helmet, and I am in the process of assembling another test build with the final shoulder model. I hope this is the last test build. I have a few tweaks to make yet but overall it is going quite well.

I've assembled all of the 'bits' and put the helmet together. Frankly, I was concerned with this one, as it is the smallest complex assembly I've designed (or put together). It has a diameter of about 5mm, with an final width of about 7mm. Overall I think it worked phenomenally. I hope to put the rest of test figures and armour together starting tonight and post pictures maybe by Wednesday. For now, here is a sneak peek at the helmet, by itself, with a Canadian penny for scale, and placed on the first ARC prototype figure. Obviously, it is not yet textured, and is missing the clear face shield.

Helmet #1

Helmet #2

Helmet #3

With Figure prototype #1

With Figure prototype #2

Enjoy!
Sean
Attached Thumbnails
1:50 Paper Protagonist-helmet-closeup1.jpg   1:50 Paper Protagonist-helmet-closeup2.jpg  

Last edited by Tirick; 11-02-2009 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Fixed Link #2
Old 11-02-2009, 08:10 PM

Wow! Tirick; that helmet and the pilot look really great so far! can't wait to see them done. I'm now waiting on them to add to mine now,LOL Great Job! as always.
Jeff
Google Adsense
Old 11-02-2009, 10:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
this sure adds a new meaning to the term 'fine' crafts.

good job Tirick!
Old 11-04-2009, 08:17 PM

Well, I've finished the last prototype and made all necessary modifications. All that is left is the dreaded... ...texturing. It will, as always, follow my muse, which is wayward at best. I hope to have the Pilot and R Unit complete and uploaded this month.

At any rate, enjoy the pics. The one directly loaded here is a comparison shot between the ARC Trooper costume and my mock-up prototype. Not a bad likeness, if I may say so... :D

At attention(full shot)

At attention(from left)

At attention(from right)

Climbing into the yet unmodified ARC:

From right

Behind

From left

Over the fuselage

Enjoy!
Sean
Attached Thumbnails
1:50 Paper Protagonist-arc-pilot-clone.jpg  
Old 11-04-2009, 08:35 PM

Holy Cow!!. Tirick; That is one seriously incredible figure!! so posable and really looks great in the setting. Can't wait to get my hands on them, Change the helmets and I have aircrew for the LAAT's. keep up the great work!!
Jeff
Old 11-04-2009, 09:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
That's *BLEEP*ing awesome
Old 11-04-2009, 09:50 PM

*bows*

I am very glad you like them. A Clone Trooper redux (and thus a pilot mod for your LaaT) is in the planning, but I have a *lot* on my TODO list, so it'll be a while.

Mind you, it is same scale as the Paper Soldier Clone Troopers, you could swap heads with the one from that set (available on this site). If you built them up like marksolo demonstrated, they'd look quite nice. I think, in fact, he has a mod in the workings to make LaaT pilots out of those...

**edit** The 'Over the fuselage' link is wrong, and I cannot edit for some reason... it should actually point here

Last edited by Tirick; 11-04-2009 at 09:53 PM. Reason: fixing link from previous post
Google Adsense