PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Tirick's Projects

Old 11-04-2009, 09:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
As always Tirick; Ah yes the list,LOL. No sweat the wait is always worth it to me. That will be cool, those guys will fill up the troop hold nicely, and that sounds like a great mod if he does. Thanks man!
Jeff
Old 11-05-2009, 10:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
Good job Tirick! Keep up the good work!
Old 11-08-2009, 09:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
there's something truly fascinating about building something smaller than one's own finger out of paper.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
Final print candidate!

It's been almost a month, but I got distracted by a snowspeeder... Anyway, I have to layout in pepakura and print (and likely adjust after printing) but here is a render of the final copy.

Enjoy!
Sean
Attached Thumbnails
1:50 Paper Protagonist-finalprintcandidate.jpg  
Old 11-26-2009, 01:50 PM

Holy Smokies!!!! Tirick! he looks really super! I mean seriously. Really great designing and texturing job. Looking forward to having him that is for danged sure.
Jeff
Google Adsense
Old 11-27-2009, 10:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
sweet! thumbs that are separate from the other four fingers! :D Tirick, you are awesome!
Old 11-27-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfan321 View Post
sweet! thumbs that are separate from the other four fingers! :D Tirick, you are awesome!
learned from the initial Stormie design. Learned a lot since then really; both in modeling and texturing.

Texture print went well (not mods required!); I've two printed and will probably assemble/fit this weekend.

I may also this week print/fit a 1:35 scale copy just to confirm texture retains value at that size (5.4 cm tall or so).
Old 11-30-2009, 08:20 PM

Have not been in much of an assembly mood the last few days, so I've been modeling instead (some of you might have seen my B-Wing WIP). Well, all is not lost; I've a Rebel Pilot modeled now, and on to the texture work. I have a fair bit of texturing to do really as I have both the Rebel Pilot from ANH to do as well as a Snowspeeder/Hoth Pilot outfit. I may add a jacket to the model to represent the bulkier overjacket in the movie.

You'll notice a fair bit of model poke-through, this is intended to allow for the paper to assemble easier. I'm also trying a slight variation on the hoses.

Enjoy!
Sean
Attached Thumbnails
1:50 Paper Protagonist-rebelmodel.jpg  
Old 11-30-2009, 11:05 PM

Hey Tirick; Really looking good, I bet before long you will have quite a selection of paper pilots and others, they are just so cool!! P.S. don't forget the original clone pilots, just a minor pester,lol
Jeff
Old 12-02-2009, 10:29 PM

Finished the test fit of the ARC Pilot(into the 1:50 snowspeeder) and I hope to assemble the good print (I accidentally over-printed (intending to rotate the page and save paper) the first print, and used that one for the test fit) this weekend.

Thought I'd attach a close-up shot of the pilot (in the snowspeeder) and the assembled helmet. Take a look at the print detail (and consider that there was inevitably a few points of paper shift through the overprint).

Enjoy!
Sean
Attached Thumbnails
1:50 Paper Protagonist-completehelmet-arc.jpg   1:50 Paper Protagonist-cockpit-close.jpg  
Google Adsense