PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Tirick's Projects

Old 01-02-2010, 02:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
Looking good.
This is going to be the most detailed B-Wing paper model.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
Not much progress, but I did manage to get the hinge and canopy put together, as well as the easy-chair and some of the cockpit greeble. I'm very pleased with the canopy, as it was an element I was particularly concerned with.

Enjoy!
Sean
Attached Thumbnails
1:50 B-Wing Fighter-canopy-001.jpg   1:50 B-Wing Fighter-canopy-002.jpg   1:50 B-Wing Fighter-canopy-003.jpg   1:50 B-Wing Fighter-canopy-004.jpg  
Old 01-05-2010, 11:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 224.02 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to marksolo
Wow, that is some intricate work. The hinge alone is incredible. I dont think I have seen any moving hinged canopy on any vehicle in this form or the other.

Good job!
Old 01-05-2010, 11:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
This is an awesome project, good luck with it! I'm really looking forward to see it finished
Old 01-09-2010, 08:07 PM

I finished laying out and printing all the sections down to the Engine pods. Now I'm just going through the process of cutting/assembling/trimming. I've assembled the central support ring and guide beams, although I've not added any of the greeble bits yet. The collar has very similar assembly issues to the cockpit pod, where I had to switch to a laminate ring structure for detailing, rather than the slip-rings I'd initially planned. Aside from that, most of the parts went together well, albeit some with a little too tight of a fit. I've now attached the ring to the main keel, which has been fed through the two dorsal 'wing' supports (I'm assuming a 'Z' 0 of the middle of the engine pod, with the 'Z' axis running along the keel).

I was a little concerned with the fit and alignment, but my fears were assuaged once assembled. It has a tight fit, but the cockpit rotates just fine. A couple of pictures show it in different positions, but its hard to demonstrate the rotation with static pics. Once the full assembly is complete I might make a short video demonstration and post it up on YouTube.

Enjoy!
Sean
Attached Thumbnails
1:50 B-Wing Fighter-dorsalsupport-001.jpg   1:50 B-Wing Fighter-dorsalsupport-002.jpg   1:50 B-Wing Fighter-dorsalsupport-003.jpg   1:50 B-Wing Fighter-dorsalsupport-004.jpg   1:50 B-Wing Fighter-dorsalsupport-005.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 01-09-2010, 08:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.84 MB
great work! nice to see it coming together on paper!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:34 AM

The engine mount is now assembled, although I've not added all the fins or the engines themselves, and we are approaching the point where I am stuck in the model. I'll likely fill the time with some texture work on my pilot, and with adding the greeble I've already layed out and modeled.

The hinges, s-foils and main wing are obviously modelled, and in fact the hinge and wing attachment is complete. Where I am stuck is the stop-block for the rotation. I've a few ideas but I need to play around with the model before I commit to them. I also need to edit and model the tip-guns attachment and the main turbolaser join, but those are reasonable minor in comparison.

Enjoy!
Sean
Attached Thumbnails
1:50 B-Wing Fighter-enginemount-001.jpg   1:50 B-Wing Fighter-enginemount-002.jpg   1:50 B-Wing Fighter-enginemount-003.jpg  
Old 01-20-2010, 08:08 PM

Minor Update: Pilot! :D

Enjoy!
Sean

PS. I have the main wing and s-foils printed now, so it is just a matter of time before I have them assembled.
Attached Thumbnails
1:50 B-Wing Fighter-b-wing-pilot-001.jpg   1:50 B-Wing Fighter-b-wing-pilot-002.jpg  
Old 06-20-2010, 07:07 PM

Hmm... odd that I never posted the final assembly. It seems like so long ago, but I did actually get the bird built to the point of weapon mounts. I've left it off after that, and took a hiatus; partly due to some games that demanded my attention, and partly RL responsibilities. Nevertheless, here she is:

Since these pictures I've been working on a ton of other projects; I apologize for the long delay. This'll be a beast to finish, but I found the so-called 'holy grail' of reference photos, and I aim to make good measure of them. Most of the core model will remain untouched, but most of the greeble, especially the cockpit and guns, will be completely scrapped. I may end up having to redo the main 'wing' as well, but we'll see how it goes. I still have to plan where to put the landing gear, but I'm focusing on cleaning the cockpit and texturing as I go. Here are some preliminary shots of the textured interior. Note that there is a lot of greeble to be stuffing in there yet.

Enjoy!
Sean
Old 06-20-2010, 09:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.67 MB
Looks great :D Funny, I was just thinking of this build a couple days ago :P

G1
Google Adsense