PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Tirick's Projects

Old 10-30-2012, 05:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
On a side note; depending on how Disney handles the license, I may not be distributing my models in the future.

What a horrible, terrifying decision that is, although I'm sure Lucas is happy. Fans haven't been kind since the last films.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
I don't know...Disney seems to have a better track record supporting paper modelling that LucasFilm ever did...
Old 10-30-2012, 06:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirick View Post
[...]
I don't expect that my model will come close to the extreme detail displayed in that Russian model mind you. My skills/patience are not that extreme.

Tirick
I don't think so, your attention to detail was great, with a lot of research! And the texturing you made looked also very convincing, better than just plain colors.
I hope you sometimes will go on with this one, but I can fully understand your decision. Have fun, with whatever you want to do!

Thorsten
Old 11-05-2012, 09:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.42 MB
I agree with Thorsten, your model is great and at the same level that the Russian one.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 845.30 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONeill View Post
I don't know...Disney seems to have a better track record supporting paper modelling that LucasFilm ever did...
Yeah. The Disney site actually has a really extensive library of some very extensively detailed models of a LOT of their attractions as well as vehicles from different movies, as well as links to sites that feature Disney intellectual property paper models.
so I would hope they not only don't try to squash you, but actually encourage your work and allow it on their site, as they've done with others. I am SOOOO glad to see that you are designing one of my favorite designs from the star wars universe.
As far as on screen vehicles and designs, all the truly imaginative and creative awesomeness completely STOPPED after ROTJ. The designs of the next 3 movies sucked a$@%#.
I will be going nuts with this beaut. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH.
Google Adsense
Old 11-16-2013, 04:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 780.99 MB
Ok. Now this is on my must do list. Great to see the design process as well.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Bump! BTW, during the interim, I've been working up very detailed drawings for the B-Wing using Autocad (but 2D only) which may be of use... if I can only find a method of sharing the files!

I have been getting a lot of help from the RPF community (Replica Props Forum) which led to a 'decomposition' approach. For example, I found the identity of a bunch of the B-Wings parts such as the 'fuel tanks' (1/32 Tamiya F-14 kit), aft pod section (1/144 Space Shuttle EFT nose cone), engine nozzle 'cans' (1/48 Tamiya A-10 engine cowlings), S-foils (1/32 Hasegawa F-18 wings), and so forth. For example, the filming miniature was 1/32 scale since they used a 1/32 scale pilot figure from the Tamiya F-14 kit, with the head swapped from the kit's deck crewman figure... which allows for actual ''scaling" of the 'ship'. ;^P

R/ Robert
Old 01-10-2017, 08:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
That is very interesting
Old 01-10-2017, 12:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.01 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeach84 View Post
Bump! BTW, during the interim, I've been working up very detailed drawings for the B-Wing using Autocad (but 2D only) which may be of use... if I can only find a method of sharing the files!

I have been getting a lot of help from the RPF community (Replica Props Forum) which led to a 'decomposition' approach. For example, I found the identity of a bunch of the B-Wings parts such as the 'fuel tanks' (1/32 Tamiya F-14 kit), aft pod section (1/144 Space Shuttle EFT nose cone), engine nozzle 'cans' (1/48 Tamiya A-10 engine cowlings), S-foils (1/32 Hasegawa F-18 wings), and so forth. For example, the filming miniature was 1/32 scale since they used a 1/32 scale pilot figure from the Tamiya F-14 kit, with the head swapped from the kit's deck crewman figure... which allows for actual ''scaling" of the 'ship'. ;^P

R/ Robert
Hi Robert,

you know it would be of great help to actually get this list filled. This way a modeler can build the B-wing using al the different parts from all these models and you have no issue with the SW people...as you don't give away any actual SW model.....