PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Tirick's Projects

Old 08-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
this is looking good!
Old 08-31-2010, 05:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
Well over the last few days I finished the assembly of the courser prototype. I'm happy, for a goodly part of the model assembled as planned. I need to redesign the legs somewhat, as the back legs is a little thin next to the front. As well, the shoulder and the flank meshes were a bit tricky to build, so I will be redesigning in an effort to simplify the assembly. The core body assembled swimmingly, and aside from a few tweaks the most of it should be ready for texturing. After I design replacement parts I'll be working on a medieval saddle and will test 'mount' a figure for scale and confirmation of the saddle/blanket design.

Starting the build

The back flank

The flank and shoulder

Starting the legs

Enjoy!
Tirick
Old 08-31-2010, 07:34 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
thats a pretty great piece of paper engineering! Nice work
Old 09-01-2010, 03:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Well now!! that is one Sweet looking little Horse:D It is just great how you have designed it to look good and be able to pose.
Jeff
Old 09-01-2010, 04:29 PM

:D Thank you both; I'm very happy with the result, just a few minor tweaks (already done) and I'll be building another once I have a prototype design for the saddle.

Tirick
Old 09-03-2010, 07:20 PM

I've finished the modifications and hope to have a physical model to demonstrate within the week. Its a busy week with the tikes returning to school, so we'll see. Nevertheless, I have the prototype mane, tail AND saddle built, and the courser is now just waiting on a rider. Note that the mane and tail will both be printed double-sided so the whitespace will not be as noticeable.

I may have time tonight to finish assembly on her, but if not before the end of the weekend. I want to try some prototype javelins/quiver with the rider, so the final pose may have to wait until then.

Enjoy!
Tirick
Old 03-22-2011, 08:39 PM

I had shown shots of the corrected Courser in my Protagonist thread, but while we are on the topic of updates, here it is again:

The design changes worked very well, and I've moved onto designing the textures. The process is slow; I had every intention of completing this for March, but work has been hell for the last three weeks so no joy there. I do have the harness/tack finished, and have started in on the head (I suspect this will be the hardest portion).

I am juggling this and the female protagonist texturing. I expect this to release first however, as I have yet to design an outfit for the lady. I plan for April for both (luck willing).

Enjoy!
Tirick
Old 03-25-2011, 05:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
perhaps the finish on these models does not look as sharp as some of the wonderful inanimate models - but wow - so cool - i love these models.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
It looks like a courser.

Don
Old 05-06-2011, 07:15 PM

Well with the Female Protagonist out of the way, I've had time to sit still and finish the textures for this project. The results look great in model view, but only a print-test will ensure the shades and highlights are leveled correctly. The mane and tail will assemble very similarly to the Female Protagonist, which successfully tested the concept (the model view does it no justice).

I expect to finish the test and instructions in the coming week, so perhaps by the middle of May I'll have the Courser ready to release. I'll offer several coat colours as well as a variety of saddle-blanket textures and leather shades for the medieval saddle.

Enjoy!
Tirick