PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Tirick's Projects

Old 04-28-2011, 05:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I think this is your best figurine so far, excellent work on the clothes! The hair is made of some ultra thin paper stripes, right?
Old 04-28-2011, 06:03 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I really am interested in this genre, if that is the correct term. It is something that really missing and adds so much to a model. You off to a fantastic start. If any of these templates are available, it would be really great. I personally don't seem anything wrong with the person form, because of the "policital correctness" required, I know why you must edit, I wish people could be more mature, really, it is about time. There should be a section in this forum for people who agree to not be "offended" by what someone models, or says )within reason, not insulting anyone, or provoking ), but printing models that represent truth, such as the human form, as you are doing, to me, really is art. If someone wants to model only "private parts", well, I think we can all agree, keep that at home.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
Thank you all for the comments! The hair is carefully striped cuts on a larger form, but yes, essentially. The entire figure is much more simplified forms, easier to cut out and easier to assemble (although more time investment in some ways).

The release will be within a few days. I have about 5-6 hours of instructions to write up and then I'll post her up, hopefully in the next few days.

I have found a lot of paper modelling focus is on mechanical or architectural things. While those interest me, I'm happy to focus my design efforts on the figurines, which as you say, is lacking in the medium. I've never really been fond of 'standees' although their simplicity is appealing.

The official purchasable release will be with neutralized textures ('barbie-style' at the risk of invoking the Mattel intellectual property gods). 'Correct' textures will also be available upon request (and affirmation of age).

Tirick
Old 05-01-2011, 12:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
The Female Protagonist is now released! This release is somewhat different from prior releases as the base figure is released separate from the Warrior Maiden outfit. This will allow me to make and release future outfits at a lower price, as well as reduce duplication between sets.

Both are available in the Store section here: TCF Gaming – Portal

I've very happy with this set, as it represents almost 2 years of design consideration. Expect to see several more female outfits this year, as well as a redesign of the male figure set to match some of the design changes here.

Enjoy!
Tirick
Old 05-01-2011, 02:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Very, Very, Awsome!!! so cool ...I really love all of your figures so far, And the talent that you have put into them!
Jeff
Google Adsense
Old 05-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
I for one envy your technique of making and folding those small pieces in your figurines. That Warrior Maiden, sure looks a bit like Xena. Great job and hope to see more. As of the moment I am out of the building process due to a present contract but i will peek in now and then to see what is going on. See you around the forums, here and there.