PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Tutorials

Old 11-28-2008, 04:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
How to modify the image lay-out in Gimp

This Tutorial deals with elaboration of images lay-out. Images can be in jpeg or tiff or whatelse format or even imported from pdf format.

If you need to know how to import a pdf file in Gimp (Windows version), please see this Tutorial. After setting up Gimp, simply go to File>Open and click on the pdf file (remember to set the proper resolution that, for Paper Make iT ! items, is 300dpi).

TARGET: CHANGE THE LAY-OUT OF THE ITEMS IN A SHEET

1) Open the image (Fig.1). As you can see, there are several items from letter A to M. We would like to print only the items A and G and more than one time.

2) Using the Rectangle Select Tool, select the A item (Fig.2).

3) Copy and paste the selection (CTRL-C and then CTRL-V). You will see a new layer on the Layers Box. (Fig.3)

4) Left Click on that Layer, Right Click on that Layer and Left Click on New Layer (Fig.4).

5) You can do the same with G item. We have now two new Layers. If we want to duplicate those Layers, Left Click on the bottom Duplicate Layer Icon. Duplicate both the new Layers (Fig.5).

6) The two new Layers are exactly one over the other. We need to move them aside. Left Click on the Move Icon (A), Left Click on the Layers you want to move (B and C), Left Click on the eye so that you will not see the former image (D). Now, Left Click on the image and, pressing the arrow keys, move the copied Layers where you want (Fig.6).

7) Do the same for other new Layers, till to have the new image (Fig.7).

8 ) Now you can Save the new image in Gimp format (.xcf) and then Save as in jpg format (or a different format).

ULTIMATUM TO THE EARTH. Follow the story in progress.
Google Adsense
Old 11-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Re: How to modify the image lay-out in Gimp

I was just trying to do that for paperbeams old west models! But it got too complicated for my sad self... plus too tired....
Old 11-29-2008, 02:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Re: How to modify the image lay-out in Gimp

Hi Chris,

What were you trying to modify? Is there anything I can help you with on that?

I don't use Gimp myself but not sure what you're attempting...

Terry