PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Tutorials

Old 04-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Not alot of room for me finger to work if you see my photo. What are you suggesting? I thought I would cut the window I cut all the windows out of and cut in into section and use one part on my side and the other part on the other side to add stringent. Then make the windows like the Youtube video and place it over . Any thoughts?
Old 04-28-2012, 08:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 48.15 MB
I will try to show you how to do it. It will probably be Monday when I'll be able to post what I've done.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:54 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
No worries Tim. I got some advise from Billygoat on how he did his L-5. One problem I see now is how to make the glass wind screen for the front to wrap around and up and over. I'll start over on one problem at a time. Learning curve is what is going on here. Thank you Jr. wc
Old 04-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Eternal Member

Piper Cub

I had to cut her open which is a easy fix. Next step will be the glass after she dries. willy from FG gave me the idea and a lot of help as did you Jr. Thank you.. I won't have to start over again. I'm a happy boy.
Attached Thumbnails
FG Piper Cub tutorial-2012-04-29_14-38-12_412.jpg  
Old 04-30-2012, 10:06 AM

That looks very good. keep at it.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Eternal Member

I redid the fuselage by using sticky paper and have it cut out after being told it's easier to apply windows to a flat surface. I will do the same for cockpit to make it strong. I also used stick paper for the window frame. So now it's time to fasten the plastic for the windows. There are so many different glues I'm not sure which one is strong enough but will allow me to place a bend to the window frame work. The sky light section has me baffled as it has to have more of a roll up and over the frame work of the cockpit area. Any suggestion which glue? Strong but apply able if you understand what I mean? Once again, I want to thank one and all for the over pouring amount of help. Especially you Jr..
Attached Thumbnails
FG Piper Cub tutorial-2012-05-02_15-46-45_533.jpg  
Old 05-05-2012, 07:17 PM

I don't know what glue to use. I do have some quick setting glue that might work. But it likes to leave a white residue on clear plastic. I'll try working on it some more this evening.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Eternal Member

A friend suggested a glue he uses all the time on canopy's. Formula 560. I haven't use it myself yet. I had to go to a hobby store for it. I'll use it today and see how it works and let you know. willy has been helping also with the windows so I'm not flying blind but it's still a unclear night to be flying in. That and being lost doesn't help. waddy/john
Old 05-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Eternal Member

This is where I am so far today. The windows are done and they will be glued of the outside of the fuselage. I am redoing that today. I used a special glue I got from a hobby store. Formula 560 Canopy Glue by Pacers. Is this what you had in mind or did you mean to glue the windowd to the inside. That would still leave the problem on how to deal with the from window and the skylight. waddy.
Attached Thumbnails
FG Piper Cub tutorial-piper-wind-shield-001.jpg  
Old 05-08-2012, 10:13 AM

Well I got the windshield finished I think I got the parts to thick around the windshield area. Because the windshield wouldn't fit right.
Attached Thumbnails
FG Piper Cub tutorial-100_8509.jpg   FG Piper Cub tutorial-100_8510.jpg   FG Piper Cub tutorial-100_8511.jpg