PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Tutorials

Old 05-14-2012, 09:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 48.15 MB
Well I wasn't able to get the panel. I was wondering if this it is on the fiddlersgreen website.
I can't remember how I thought of doing these tires like this. I guess as that saying goes necessity is the mother of invention.
I know of a tip that other people use for rolling paper they glue a piece of wire or even a toothpick to the beginning of the roll. Probably use a strong type of glue not anything like Elmer's craft glue but maybe testers glue will work when it is fully dry.
I hope this might help you out.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:17 AM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
First I curled the paper with a ruler. Then I use very small, thin needle pliers and made a small tight curl in the til end of the paper. Removed the pliers and added a small amount of glue. From there it was just making a tight wheel.
As for the panel, it was something a friend found for me that came from the real aircraft and he made it to the correct scale.
I'll have to work on a way to get it to you. wc
Old 05-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Tires

Today the tires such as they are complete other then the sanding and coloring. Some how mine came out much differently from you Tim. How hard could that have been. Just roll it up and shape as you go and then I guess I am to sand them down smooth, right? Once done with that I was going to color them wirth a permanent marker
Attached Thumbnails
FG Piper Cub tutorial-tires.jpg  
Old 05-14-2012, 02:52 PM

well your tires will look better after the sanding and coloring. sometimes when the glue is still wet i would of roll the tire in my fingers or on the table to make it nice and round.
keep up the good work.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:44 PM

I ask that you wait on the rear tire I need to do some work on it. I'll try getting it done tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:33 AM
Eternal Member

Sorry Tim, did I say something wrong?
Old 05-15-2012, 10:57 AM

No you didn't. I just wanted to warn you that the rear wheel needed some work done on it.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Eternal Member

Not a good day

Today was not a good day for me. I made to undercarrage and thought I did a good job. I had set it aside to dry. Later on I found it on the floor. I had run my chair over it and it's can't be saved. I am starting to rebuild it again. Not good. waddy/john
Attached Thumbnails
FG Piper Cub tutorial-1337187252619.jpg  
Old 05-16-2012, 06:17 PM

That's awful, but at least it was a good practice try.
Well I had completely forgotten about readjusting the rear tire till about a couple hours ago and finally got it done. Just build it the same as the front tires.
Attached Thumbnails
FG Piper Cub tutorial-tires.jpg  
Old 05-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Eternal Member

Tunder Tires

Rebuilding the undercarriage and then rear tires. I hope it wasn't cheating buy using a Dremel Drill to do the sanding of the tires. I use two different sandpapers. I haven’t attached the wing to the fuselage as of yet. I was thinking of rebuilding the wings and use wing spares to get the form of the wing correctly. I have the spares but they are not the same scale and so I might just go with what I have. Like I said before, this is my first of what I hope will be many more models and wanted to it to look good. That’s why it’s taking so long.

The last photo was another idea I had for do the tires. It failed. waddy/john
Attached Thumbnails
FG Piper Cub tutorial-1337277321256.jpg   FG Piper Cub tutorial-1337278525630.jpg   FG Piper Cub tutorial-1337185997836.jpg  
Google Adsense