PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Tutorials

Old 06-01-2012, 10:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 48.15 MB
If you could take a picture from behind and above the model, so that I can see how the wing goes into the slot in the fuselage, I might be able to see what went wrong.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Piper Problems

I think the solution is to trim away a small amount of trailing center wing section at a time till the wing fits correctly and the windows appear to fit correctly when help against the fuselage.
Tim, how many times have you wanted to place your model in the fireplace and set to it? How many times have you done it? waddy
Attached Thumbnails
FG Piper Cub tutorial-1338570189315.jpg  
Old 06-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Here's a different angle.
Attached Thumbnails
FG Piper Cub tutorial-1338575908522.jpg  
Old 06-01-2012, 01:48 PM

Maybe this will work.
Attached Thumbnails
FG Piper Cub tutorial-100_8511.jpg  
Old 06-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Eternal Member

Thanks Tim, that was what I was thinking. Only cutting a little at a time and check for fit. I've been hold off till I heard from you. We'll get this puppy, it's just a matter of time. Thank you. waddy
Google Adsense
Old 06-01-2012, 02:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
hey there Waddy,
I looked over the pics you sent me and I think I figured out the problem. You have the wings build with a beautiful curved leading edge. however, the wings also seem to have a curved underside as well. The Cub had a nearly flat under-wing surface. When I built my L-4, I actually scored the line on the leading edge from where the flat bottom stops and the airfoil shape starts. Doing that will help keep the wing flat for attachment to the fuselage. Not that you really want to build another wing again
Old 06-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Eternal Member

I tried to build the wing with your spars. I clued in a few on each wing side off of center . Then I flipped the wing up and over just going for a fit and the wing didn't fit. Not matter what I did or tried, those spars wouldn't fit. I reprinted the wings again with out the spars trying to fold the cure into the leading edge. I toof a couple of spares and cut them in half and fit them into the wing right at the center opening to get the flat into the wing at the middle. I have to tell you guys, this is a lot harder then pulling teeth and once I had to do it. wad
Old 06-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Eternal Member

Hot off the press. This is the wing upside down show how flat the wing is. Do you still think it has to much curve on the underneath side?
Attached Thumbnails
FG Piper Cub tutorial-1338584149814.jpg   FG Piper Cub tutorial-1338584224382.jpg  
Old 06-02-2012, 11:36 AM

looks good to me.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Eternal Member

Wings glued and drying. Working on engine add on part and still have to do the front dash and fuel tank. Had no idea about where the engine baffles or exhaust pipes went so I visited willys Grasshopper on FG forum and there it was. Little by little I guess.
Google Adsense