PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Tutorials

Old 05-20-2013, 06:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Bill, if you want, send me a pm and I'll give you my email address. I have a fairly good library of models, so with luck will have a copy of the model in question, and can help you figure it out as you hit problems. Modeling clubs of any kind seem to be getting scarce, and physical paper model clubs are as numerous as hen's teeth. The real key to ship models in particular is to get the frame right to begin with...go slow, dryfit twice before gluing once, and pin the frame platform to a flat building board until enough is in place that it will stay straight after the pins are removed. Truth be told, the initial steps are closer to building a balsa airplane model than any other modeling type, so maybe an RC flying club might have someone that could give you some advice.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.33 MB
Rick,

I appreciate that! I am still exploring this entire site to learn exactly what's here.

Bill
Old 05-21-2013, 01:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
The advice I would give has already been given but i'll add to the thread anyway because it reminded me of when I first started card modeling. My first model was a ship and having no idea where to start I browsed the forums looking for tips and techniques, Rick is right, there's no better club to learn from than a place like this.

Another thing I tried was to download a free ship model and practice on that to get an idea of how they go together before cutting into a purchased kit.

Good luck with it all, don't be afraid to ask for help around here there's truckloads of it on offer.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000