PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Tutorials

Old 05-27-2015, 10:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.05 GB
Resizing paper models in MS Paint.

I have been asked to make a tutorial on how I re-sized Ninjatoe's MK II Viper, because I used MS Paint to re-size his model. I believe I was asked because there are some people like me who have not be able to learn, or maybe afford the more complex programs that are out there. Since MS Paint usually come with windows based computers, and is a fairly easy program to use I did my re-sizing using that program. How ever I also used another easy to use program and it is free as well to extract the templates (images) from the PDF of the model I wanted to re-size, and you can also make PDFs with it as well. The program is called PD Fill.

So the tutorial I did is in PDF format, and waiting in the downloads for approval. The PDF covers using both programs (MS Paint, and PD Fill). I sent the PDF to Ninjatoe, and asked if it was alright to use parts from his viper model to demonstrate the process of re-sizing parts using MS Paint. He has given me permission to use his viper parts for the tutorial.
Google Adsense
Old 05-28-2015, 09:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
That sounds really good. I am not an expert in any of the programs, so a tutorial will be very helpful. I think Mauther also uses MS Paint. I don't believe I have ever heard of PD Fill before. Thanks
Old 05-28-2015, 11:26 AM

Thanks Vermin King! I didn't know about PD Fill program till I started doing recolors. Revell Fan introduced me to PD Fill.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:42 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
I'm looking forward to your tutorial. wc
Old 05-28-2015, 01:59 PM

Thanks Wad Cutter! The tutorial has been approved, and is in the downloads. Thank you rickstef!
Google Adsense
Old 05-28-2015, 04:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
I've just downloaded your tutorial and had a quick skim through it. Don't worry ... this isn't to knock it. I haven't read through in detail yet, but it looks to be excellently laid out and illustrated, and should be very useful to many of us.

One minor comment ... you really should branch out a bit more and explore some more exciting software. I don't mean buying the expensive stuff, but try exploring the free programs like Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing or GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program These two can really add some file manipulation facilities to your workbench.

And for reworking PDF files I can't praise this enough PDFTK Builder Portable | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives
Old 05-28-2015, 04:44 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Thank you John for the tips. wc
Old 05-28-2015, 05:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
That looks like a helpful tutorial.

PD Fill looks like a good program. The paid version is relatively inexpensive and looks to offer many features. The PDF Layers ability is especially interesting looking.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Another free PDF tool y'all might find useful ... PDF Password Remover - Download

It ain't that perfect though ... ya gotta know the password before you can remove it.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:38 PM

Thanks everybody for the support! I was a little nervous about doing this tutorial because it is my first, but then again I have had a lot of firsts over the last eight months: build threads, recolors, re-sizing a model, and now this tutorial.

JohnM thanks for the links. I will check them out. Revell Fan is trying to get me to try Gimp, but thus far I can't make any progress. MS Paint compared to Gimp is like comparing note pad to MS word for how much more you can do as well as more to learn. As for the PDF password remover I thought there should be something out there like that. Again thanks for the links, and tips.
Google Adsense