PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Tutorials

Old 08-03-2015, 02:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Pepakuru Assitance

Hey guys, first just wanted to say hi, this is my first post on the forum.
I am having a difficult time working with Pepakuru viewer. All my models previously were from downloaded pdf files. This is my first time using Pepakuru viewer. The file I recently downloaded has the sheets where you cna see all the parts for the project.
1) Some of the items on the spreadsheet of all the pages for the model are long and go onto two pieces of paper and some are slightly cut off the margin lines.
2) i can't seem to edit this nor when I print to pdf through cute_pdf, my printer states that Pepakuru viewer is in a different print format than the printer, and asks If i want to auto format it. I've tried both options. And everytime I get the pdf forms of the items, some of them are cut off.
3) My last question is, on the 3d model and spreadsheet of all the pages for the model look colored black with exception of other parts being tan (to match the replica of the model) and when I save them to pdf to print, are they already the correct color before printing? On the pdf layout they show a way different color with weird lines.
Really would appreciate the help, I am very unfamiliar with Pepakuru viewer as you can tell.
Thanks!
Google Adsense
Old 08-03-2015, 05:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.84 MB
the viewer is just for viewing and printing. you wont be able to edit it. printing should be the same color as shown on the 2d layout. the format would be determined by the creator which could vary well differ from your printer settings. hard say too much more without seeing it.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Steven, I'm afraid you've chosen one of the many .pdo files that have not been fully worked on by the designer. There's a lot around that have been unfolded, but not rearranged correctly onto the pages. There's even some around that haven't even been unfolded. It seems there's quite a few learner designers around that don't realise that there's still quite a bit of work to do after unfolding a design.

Unfortunately, even if you are willing to do this work yourself, it cannot be done within Pepakura Reader. It will require loading into Pepakura Designer, and most likely the Paid for version, not the free one as the choice of tools can be quite restrictive.

I suggest that you go back to the Pepakura website and have a look through the gallery. There's hundreds of freely shared designs on offer there, but again, you will run across some more undeveloped designs, and sods law says they will be the models you really want. We've all bin there, done that, mate. I have several designs stashed away in my archives awaiting the day that I get to unravel the secrets of Pep. Designer myself. There doesn't seem to be a book or manual available on it in English I'm afraid.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.19 MB
Hi,

Did you download this file from the Pepakura Gallery?
If so, can you share the link? I'd like to see the file as well.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks for the feedback guys, and yes the PDO file I had downloaded was from REMOVED WEBSITE NAME--YES it is a pirated file site. (Pirate was not for a pirated file site, he simply named the site that for some reason lol) however I'll definately look around for some different models. I'm always constructing the 1:1 scale of military rifles and the one I was looking at was the MSR on that website above. I downloaded the Pepakura Designer yesterday and was able to reaarange some of the pieces onto paper, but the ones I"m confused about are the long items (Barrel for the weapon) that show as being on two different pages and its too big to put on one obviously. But thank you guys for your help!

Last edited by 3Turner; 08-04-2015 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Removing website link name
Google Adsense
Old 08-04-2015, 10:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Are you referncing the MSR on the Guns (Reality) page of this site: Removed pirate link

Last edited by elliott; 08-04-2015 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 13.59 MB
Pepacura designer can be used even unpaid, you just have to have virtual pdf printer and acept the problem that you cannot save pdo files.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Ha Ha! How funny the site so proudly proclaim it is a pirate site. :D
Old 08-04-2015, 04:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodduck View Post
Ha Ha! How funny the site so proudly proclaim it is a pirate site. :D
Oooooh so many interesting models that I've never seen before , but oh so many that I have seen offered elsewhere too.

Click on the copyright tag to see what the site owner has to say on the subject, and I leave y'all to form your own opinions. Removed pirate link.

Last edited by elliott; 08-04-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Well, I didn’t read the copy right at first look, but now that I did….. Why even bother to have that copyright post? It just taking up space. Like the site say “pirate”, and with the site loaded with pirated materials, too. Funny what people do to justify stealing other people labor and money?
Google Adsense