PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > vBDownloads > Sci-Fi & Real Space > Sci-Fi > Star Wars

| Browse Files |

Notices

Victory-II Star Destroyer
Thumbnail

Rating: +1
Favourites: 1

Report File

Victory-II Star Destroyer

File Information

Files

• Victory II Star Destroyer.zip 7.11 MB

More From This User

The Victory II-class Star Destroyer was an improved version of the Victory I-class Star Destroyer. The Victory II-class was a more direct predecessor to the Imperial-class Star Destroyer.

Though outwardly similar to the Victory I-class Star Destroyer, the Victory II-class was designed for deep space combat. With this in mind, the designers fitted the ships with Hoersch-Kessel Drive, inc. engines in place of the Victory I's LF9 ion engines to overcome weaknesses of the earlier design. Where the LF9 ion engines could not produce sufficient acceleration to engage faster and newer vessels in ship-to-ship combat, the new drives were far more powerful and added significantly to the newer ship's sublight speed and maneuverability.

Besides its faster sublight speed, the most notable change was the addition of ion cannons, more turbolasers, tractor-beam projectors and the removal of the banks of concussion missile tubes. The Victory II, however, did retain its predecessor's ability to operate within planetary atmospheres.
Report File
Reason

Report Comment
Reason

Report Link
Reason