Rating: 0
Favourites: 0

Report File

Samurai Armor Paper Model, c. 1850

File Information

Files

• Armor Set-Samurai 1853.zip 1.84 MB

More From This User

A single page wood block print of a Samurai Armor, most likely intended as a Boy's Day gift or display. The model includes a complete armor including a helmet and face guard, and a storage box. When the armor is not inside the box, the box can be used as a display stand.
I uploaded a copy of the 150 year old woodblock print and my attempt to restore it to its original colors.
John Wagenseil Report Comment
I discovered a 100 year old error that probably resulted in frustrated boys when they tried to make the paper model samurai armor, and peeved parents because they had spent a couple of mon on a flawed product and now had to deal with a cranky kid.
The designer got the orientation of one of the armored sleeves wrong. You will see what I mean if you try to assemble the model.

The modern paper modeler has a quick fix: print two copies of the model, and use the sleeve part with the correct orientation twice, or better yet, print the model, then flip the page 180 degrees and print it again to correct the designer's mistake.
Report File
Reason

Report Comment
Reason

Report Link
Reason