Rating: 0
Favourites: 0

Report File

LV-87 AMBROSE, LC and alternative parts

File Information

Files

• alt AMBROSE parts.pdf 174.9 KB
  • LC AMBROSE.pdf 24.3 KB

The original kit is a fantastic gift, and I wish to thank Roman very much for releasing it as a giveaway. Still, and with all respect I thought she could stand a little refreshment after 19 years in service and corrected two items, that were plainly wrong: the number of bulleyes at the bridgesī front, and the placement of the galley-skylight (part 32) on deck.

The framing was thought to be made of 1 mm cardboard; I donīt like this kind of "woodwork" too much and reduced its thickness to that of doubled/tripled cardboard; frames and deck are intended do have about 0,4 mm strenght, the basis 0,6 mm strenght, the parts are adaptad to still fit the original hull. The added stern will help You rigging her. The funnel was changed, just so that the seam will disappear among the blackness behind the ladder, there was nothing wrong with it. Same thing with the hull, the changes are merely cosmetical and sticking to the original will give You a wunderful model. At the back of the machine-room, there are 2 rollers, which I added, as well as a foghorn, steering quadrant, a second dinghy and the stars and stripes.

I hope the letter-format is okay for You, as we use DIN-A4 here. The drawings were made with InkScape, so opening the file with it will leave the parts open for changes You might wish to add - me, for instance, I cut out any window that I see; You could change that with a few clicks, if You donīt like that white spots - or You colour them with a pencil....

The LC will probably need some adaption, depending on Your local service, that executes the job. The lines are made for 0,2mm offset, so donīt be afraid if the parts seem too thick to You - they will get more slender while cutting them. The grafic strength of lines is set to 0,03 mm, which shows yet on my screen and still is accepted as cutting-lines by the machine; depending on Your local machinery You might have to set it to 0,01 mm. I chose pdf-format, because the eps-extension, that my wife prefers, is not allowed here. If nothing else helps: send me a message, I will then mail the file to You.

Good luck and have fun
Report File
Reason

Report Comment
Reason

Report Link
Reason