PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet > Video Vault

Old 10-20-2018, 10:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
Paper Model Building Video and Link to model download

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfF5gs-5yJY
Google Adsense
Old 10-20-2018, 02:17 PM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
Downloadable building kits

The video looks at 3Dk, a British supplier of downloadable building kits and building papers for model railroads. I have both their free models and they look good.

I've also built or kitbashed models downloaded from Clever Models (US), Scalescenes (UK), Model Railway Scenery (UK). All produce very nice kits that compare well to plastic kits. With the price of plastic kits going through the stratosphere, paper models look better and better.

From right to left, the photos are two pix of a kitbash ("Vague Industries") using four Clever Models kits, two pix of a scratchbuilt factory using building papers from Clever Models and ScaleScenes, another Clever Models kitbash, Clever Models' "Habbaker's Garage, and small shed from ScaleScenes (a free download).
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Model Building Video and Link to model download-img_0079-sm.jpg   Paper Model Building Video and Link to model download-img_0097-sm.jpg   Paper Model Building Video and Link to model download-img_0007-sm.jpg   Paper Model Building Video and Link to model download-img_0025-sm.jpg   Paper Model Building Video and Link to model download-img_0059-sm.jpg  

Paper Model Building Video and Link to model download-habbakers-garage-photo-sm.jpg   Paper Model Building Video and Link to model download-goods-shed-scalescenes-photo-sm.jpg  
Old 10-24-2018, 08:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
@ Sakrison/Downloadable Building Kits

I purchased and built a Clever Model kit of a rural store (now out of business, and the building abandoned and overgrown) in French Camp, California that was near where I worked, and where I would occasionally buy an Eskimo Pie during my lunch hour just for an excuse to get off the plantation. Actually, it was a plantation, I worked for the county and the county jail and honor farm were just down the road from the building complex I worked in.
Anyway, the Clever Models store kit did a good job of capturing the look of the original. I keep it on my desk as a reminder of my past.
I am looking at another Clever Model, a water mill in Indiana. It looks similar to a couple of old water mill buildings that are still standing in SW Ohio.
And
Here are two more UK sites that offer paper buildings:
Wordsworth Model Railway
KINGSWAY MODELS - Home Page
Look at the websites carefully and you may find the free samples.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
The cut stone wall in picture 4 looks exceptional!
Old 10-24-2018, 11:29 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
And don't forget Scale Scenes John!

https://scalescenes.com