PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet > Video Vault

Old 02-25-2019, 08:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 426.34 MB
Tiny Ireland on Way Out West A Blow-in Blog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tfCxqlgngA

I've been following Way Out West A Blow-in Blog for a few years now.
Slightly surprised to see Tiny Ireland featured in this way!
Nice to see just how Anke makes her models!

Cheers,

John Gay
Google Adsense
Old 02-25-2019, 10:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
Hi All,

I saw Anke Eckardt and her paper models on this YouTube video this morning, and when I tried to find it again tonight, I was surprised to see that it had left the front page of the site without comment. So, here are a comment or two...

I always find it interesting to see other paper modelers at work. Our tools and workspaces are as individual as our models, and it's fun to take a peek behind the scenes. Anke's pan watercolor set and her simple scribing tool drew my interest, as did the chickens outside her studio window.

Anke designs buildings based on famous (and not so famous) Irish architecture, and she prints out hard, paper copies for sale. It's good to see someone still hand-drawing each part of a model and selling colorful, printed copies in our computer age. More power to her.

So, take a look to see an artist create her own vision of the world in miniature. And for those of us with some Irish ancestry, it's good to see a bit of the Auld Sod, too.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Old 02-26-2019, 03:08 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
John and Thumb Dog, I enjoyed reading you comments about Anke and sharing the U Tube find. I enjoyed seeing her in person as we have communicated several time by email. Last year I became quite a fan of Tiny Ireland and made a number of her kits before our visit to Ireland last May.

We were able to see all of the buildings from 8 of her kits, although I purchased almost all of them. You can see these completed ones on my webpage - CATHEDRAL QUEST: our quest to experience cathedrals in Europe under Church models- Ireland. I also did a series of posts on Papermodelers which you may have seen last year.

I made it a point to find each building in the Irish towns we visited. I always like to made models first and then see them in person. Many of them we were able to see the interior also. There are always a lot of details to look for that most visitors don't see. The likeness of Anke's designs to the real building was remarkable. Maybe someday I can go back to Ireland and see the rest of the structures in person.

In the meantime, I am working on the day to day descriptions of our Irish trip ( you can read a summary of our trip on cathedralquest.com under Our Adventures - Ireland 2018). I will some day soon publish the details of our visit to each model. We went to Ireland last year mainly for the O'Dea (my wife is O'Day) clan reunion, in Ennis, to celebrate the 200 th anniversary of the O'Dea Clan defeating the Normans. We spent 3 weeks exploring other parts of Ireland.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Cool video.