PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet > Video Vault

Old 01-11-2022, 10:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 159.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
That last part of your statement makes what you are asking for illegal, pirating paper models.

I have given a possible method to acquire said models, that might be your best, and legal, manner in which to get the models
Ah fair enough! Sorry about that!
Old 01-12-2022, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
Contact Hobby Link Japan and ask if they can order the kit for you, and they will then ship it to you
So I tried this and this was the reply I got. Unfortunately they can't do it. Do you have any other ideas as to how someone who does not have a Japanese address could get this?
Attached Thumbnails
Kamakura Era Paper Model Samurai-screenshot_20220112_095432.jpg  
Old 01-12-2022, 09:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef1793 View Post
... Do you have any other ideas as to how someone who does not have a Japanese address could get this?
There is a Japanese based person named Atom at this website:
Glueイ chronicle
who will purchase items in Japan and ship them to you. I think you pay the price of the item, the shipping, and a fee to Atom. There is a note on the website that reads "I can support your shopping in Japan." and an email form you can contact Atom with and find out the details. JohnM is a member of Paper Modelers and has used that service before with good results.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 488.89 MB
You can also ask japanese friends to buy it and send it to you, if you have some.

Extensions for X-wing
Old 01-13-2022, 12:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 243.35 MB
Hi stef 1793,
If are you interest on Japan samurai period.You can get samurais castles in 1/300 scale by ファセット<ペーパークラフト設計・販売・>海外カードモデルの輸入 I have many of them and catalogue.Editor is techas.Exist as well samurais Armor in1/9 scale by Epson 5 pieces ,I have all of them.For precisely information send pm
Greetings Slaw

Last edited by rickstef; 01-13-2022 at 01:00 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 01-14-2022, 10:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11slaw View Post
... If are you interest on Japan samurai period.You can get samurais castles ... as well samurais Armor ....

Thank you very much for the reminder and update about the FACET Japanese castle paper models. A friend gave me one of their historical battle dioramas as present , several years ago. The design, paper quality, and printing are excellent.
There are several vendors out there who stock FACET models and are willing to ship them outside of Japan.

The EPSON samurai armors are well done and fun builds and look great when completed. Several of them were made available for download to people who do not have EPSON printers, and better yet the same designer has more armors and weapons available here:
コヌセ蠏チクホサヒエロ/・レ。シ・ム。シ・ッ・鬣ユ・ネ
Kabuto, helmets, are here

コヌセ蠏チクホサヒエロ/コヌセ蠏チク、ロ、ォノセ*ウ・レ。シ・ム。シ・ッ・鬣ユ・ネ、ホフオホチ・タ・ヲ・・。シ ・ノ
There are helmets and swords on the Canon Creative Park web site.
Kirin has a Boys Day display with a helmet.

Papermau has posted the link to set of Waring States armors by a Japanese meat processor. Browse Mauther's site and you will find it.

Here are helmets worn by historical Daimiyo from the Warring States Period:

•随ォŠ•ƒyーƒpーƒNƒ‰ƒtƒg–ウ—ソƒ_ƒEƒ“ƒ香[ƒh | •ト‘・戦‘ •Žm[‚‚フ‚フ‚モ]‚フŽž‘

All of these models are of armors and helmets worn during the Waring States Period, the 1600's, and are display pieces, the armors come with their travel box and display stand. These armors were designed for foot combat, and were much more wearable than the Kamakura armor.

The Kamakura era models are from a much earlier period, the 1300's; they are O Yoroi, great armors, that were intended for use by high ranking Samurai who spend a lot of time on horse back. The ornamentation is over the top since they were meant to intimidate and to display the owners power and wealth.

Rather than being display pieces with stand and box, these models come with a posable figure. which is a neat bit of paper model engineering.

The designer of the Kamakura models, pre Covid, had a walk in store where assembled paper models and several kits could be purchased. Hopefully, as time progresses he will expand his offerings and an Amazon vendor willing to accept non Japanese money and ship overseas will offer them.

If you search my previous postings, you can find either two or three Edo period paper models of O Yoroi which were probably intended as Boy's Day gifts. They are not as colorful or detailed as the modern offerings.

There are a couple of other commercial Kamakura era armor paper models out there, but the pair from the Kamakura site, IMHO, are the best renditions so far.

(Many years ago, I was fortunate enough to be able to visit the armor rooms at the NY Metropolitan Museum of Art and see their collection of European and Japanese armors. One thing that immediately stood out is that the Japanese warriors were not very big, the armors were worn by men who were maybe a tad over five feet tall.

On the other hand, a significant number of the armors worn by their European contemporaries were for men who would be considered huge even by modern standards, almost six feet tall and really bulky. A well fed knight would have been much bigger than his ill nourished peasant contemporaries. By today's standards a knight would be like a power-lifting triathlete.

There are YouTube presentations that show a man in well fitted Medieval armor could run, roll over, climb obstacles. A full armored knight wielding a glave or hand and a half sword would have been a terror inspiring sight to a peasant levy armed with pointy sticks and clubs.)

Last edited by John Wagenseil; 01-14-2022 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-16-2022, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
There is a Japanese based person named Atom at this website:
Glueイ chronicle
who will purchase items in Japan and ship them to you. I think you pay the price of the item, the shipping, and a fee to Atom. There is a note on the website that reads "I can support your shopping in Japan." and an email form you can contact Atom with and find out the details. JohnM is a member of Paper Modelers and has used that service before with good results.
Thank you so much! I will explore this route
Old 01-17-2022, 04:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Is there a policy to ban folk who promote piracy?
Old 01-17-2022, 08:32 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1158 View Post
Is there a policy to ban folk who promote piracy?
no policy per se.

but if one continues to promote, or engage in it, and doesn't care that they are breaking the law, and hurting the hobby, then yes, we ban them.

but if someone who might be a beginner, and unknowingly downloads a pirate kit, and builds it, we try to educate them, and hope they see the light so to speak.

but as a general rule, we try to educate first, ban as a last resort
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 06-13-2022, 10:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
【オモシロ動画】騎馬武者CM動画~もはCMではない?!~ - YouTube
Most recent video from 鎌倉歴史工房, an avant garde video with paper samurai and horses.
Also, Kamakura women of paper:
【オモシロ動画】北条政子の壮絶人生!CM動画 - YouTube

Bonus, the end of the dominance of the samurai
Battle of Nagashino 1575 - YouTube

Last edited by John Wagenseil; 06-13-2022 at 11:08 AM.
Google Adsense