PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Vintage Models

Old 01-31-2012, 12:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Restored vintage decoupages

Given the recent interest in this forum for vintage decoupages, I post this message in case anyone is interested.

For some time I have also downloaded those items. In most of the cases, they are very old prints that show age and therefore have yellowed pages and faded colors.

I’ve toyed with Photoshop trying to restore the colors of those nice kits. I’ve made this for every vintage kit I downloaded, always saving a copy of the original too.

Here you can see some samples of what I’ve done. On the left you can see the original colors, and on the right the edited/color-restored page.

As you can see, what I try to do is to clean up the background and revive the colors. Of course, sometimes that kind of edition is quite subjective and limited to my own judgment and the color profile of my monitor.

I wonder if anyone is interested on having a copy of those “restored/edited” files. By the time being I’ve got some 20+ of those kits worked in that way.

But I also have a question for the moderators: Is it allowed to share those edited files here in the forum? I ask this to know if I’m allowed to post them here in this thread or in the downloads section, or if it is better to share the files privately with the persons interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Restored vintage decoupages-zz1.jpg   Restored vintage decoupages-zz2.jpg   Restored vintage decoupages-zz3.jpg   Restored vintage decoupages-zz4.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 01-31-2012, 12:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
I think we need a vintage section in the downloads and maybe as a build heading as well!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I agree that these vintage models deserve a separate download section.

If it will make it easier for those interested to find discussions about these models, then a build heading would also be useful.

Don
Old 01-31-2012, 12:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I think a Vintage Section would be very worthwhile. I don't think anyone looking for Vintage would confuse the issue by thinking anyone here was taking credit for the design. Maybe specifying them 'As Found' and 'Restored' or 'Re-Painted' would also help. Like in the case of the Automovil Moderne thread. We see the original. We see a couple restored versions and a recolor.

I would really like to keep the Vintage threads together, instead of in Architecture, Anime, Alternate Dimensions, Military, Civilian, Aviation and Other. I know, I probably missed a couple.

I do think a definition of Vintage is in order as well as what is allowed and what isn't.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:09 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Wonderful work Ruben! They look...like new. I too think that a restored vintage download section would be very desirable.
Google Adsense
Old 01-31-2012, 02:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
Wonderful work Ruben! They look...like new. I too think that a restored vintage download section would be very desirable.
Has my vote!!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Looks like the vintage models are getting a strong support in this forum

I support a vintage section in the building threads. That would be nice, and I agree that they could be put together instead of losing them among the other established sections (Architecture, Ships, Trains, Aviation, etc).

And my opinion on a vintage download section is the following:

The kits/decoupages/dioramas/etc are already out there at Agence Eureka, Mondo di Toto, and other places.

I don’t think (or support) the need of a download section only to re-upload what the persons responsible for those sites have already uploaded to their blogs. They have managed to get the originals, scan them, and make them available. Which is a great and valuable work. Re-uploading here exactly the same files they provided makes no sense to me.

What I support is a download section where we can upload only the restored/recolored versions of those vintage items, as long as the descriptions keep a link to the original and credit the respective blog where they were first found.

I think that if a vintage download section is allowed, the least we could do is give credit to the people who found the originals and who scanned them and uploaded them to the web, linking to their sites.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Three cheers from me for a restored vintage download section!

Curt
Old 01-31-2012, 11:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Count my vote too. Vintage paper models are the crème de la crème of paper modeleing.

BR Tappi
Old 02-01-2012, 12:37 AM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
I totally agree, A vintage section would be great! Did any body contacted Rick or Chris about it? I be happy to do so...
Google Adsense