PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Vintage Models

Old 02-11-2012, 10:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 357.33 MB
RAPI-Bogen Fokker-Grulich F.II Model

Hi all,

Great new section of the Paper Modelers forum! I will visit here often!

My first contribution will be a little model I built a couple of years ago - this is an old German model, the RAPI-Bogen Nr. M 910 (I'm guessing from the 1930s or so) of the "Verkehrsflugzeug Fokker II". I got it from Thomas Pleiner's excellent Kartonmodell-Forum, which sadly isn't alive on the Internet anymore.

Fortunately, however, Thomas has still made the Download-models available via his own web site, where you will find this model (2nd from the top) as well as a range of other fine vintage card models: download-mitgliedermodelle
You will find the model available for download and printing either in the large A3 format (original 1:20 scale) or in the smaller Letter-sized A4 format (1:50 scale). The same goes for the plane model above, the BFW M23 'Sportflugzeug'.

I added a bit of airfoil appearance, a slightly longer propeller, celluloid wind screen and passenger windows, and a few other details (for example the name and the 'Fokker' logo) after a bit of research on the web. It is a simple but quite rewarding little model:

The RAPI M 910 Fokker-Grulich F.II in it's original 1:20 scale:

A profiled propeller with a 'wooden' look:

Passeger windows in the fuselage:

Starboard wing aileron and pitot tube:

The tailplane with control horns and wires:

Happy vintage modeling!
All the best from Stockholm,
Bengt
Google Adsense
Old 02-11-2012, 10:36 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Exquisite build, Bengt. You have really elevated this simple model into something special.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
You have certainly done a magnificent job with this old model of a famous airplane.

We are fortunately to have you let us know about this vintage version, which I suspect will be popular.

Not long ago Jacek (jbb Models) produced a fine detailed version that has proved to be remarkably popular.

Fokker F.II KLM 1/72
Fokker FII at 1:72
Fokker F-II scale 1:68
Fokker FII at 1:48
Fokker F.II, JB Models, 1/72(Finish)
Fokker F.II, JB Models, 1/250

Don
Old 02-11-2012, 11:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 357.33 MB
Birds of The Golden Era

Thank you, Don and Don, for the kind words! I had a lot of fun building this model.

Yes, I have seen Jacek's wonderful little Fokker F.II model, in fact, I have bought it and I have it printed out on a couple of large sheets, for a later build.
I really liked Rob 'papermodelfan's' enlarged build. I will try something along that line, with a detailed interior.

I just love these civilian birds from the Golden era of aviation; the Fokkers, the Ford Tri-motors, the Rohrbachs, the Dorniers, and especially the four-engined Zeppelin-Staaken E4-20 experimental airliner from 1920, which was sadly destroyed according to the Versailles treaty after WW1:

I managed to get hold of one of the last CFM Model copies in 2008 from Germany, and it is now sadly out-of print. The model is designed by Karl-Harro Reimers (of Reimers Modellbaubogen fame) - one of the best designers around, in my mind. The model is perhaps not a vintage one yet, but the plane surely is.

Please note! I have not built this one - it is assembled by the designer himself:

I will build this fine model, one day. I think I will ask Karl-Harro's permission to scan it first, so I can produce extra parts if something bad should happen.

All the best, Bengt
Old 02-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Beautiful model, great build. The planes of this era are quite magnificent!
Google Adsense
Old 02-16-2012, 11:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi Bengt,

What a treat! Big Thanks
Old 02-16-2012, 11:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Wow!! It's like seeing a live shot of the Loch Ness Monster or Sasquatch - I've always wanted to see that paper model E.4/20...
Old 02-17-2012, 03:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Hello, Bengt - what a treat to see your own fine build, and the one you plan to do!

Incidentally, you do not need permission to scan a model you intend to build for your own purposes. I'm not nitpicking here, just trying to stem the exaggerated fear of what you may and may not do with paper models, wherever it pops up. You can scan, redraw, change - in short do anything with a model you've acquired, short of selling the changed copy to someone else without permission.

Best now, Leif
Old 02-17-2012, 07:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Beautiful and clean build. Well done. I look forward to you building the Z-S.