PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Vintage Models

Old 03-26-2015, 01:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
All Epinal / vintage fans: see my new thread with that name!
Old 03-26-2015, 02:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
I estimate that this simple model dates to around the turn of the last century. There has been at least one other build of this Pellerin model on this forum. Odd as it looks, it actually resembles some of the early submarine concepts that predate the 1900s.

I have no idea what size the original model was. But, I had it printed at FedEx Express so that the final model size is about 6 inches. Apart from the time spent in restoring the original scan from Patricia's Agence Eureka Flickr page, I spent several enjoyable hours watching Netflix movies while I fiddled with the paper.

There are no bulkheads for the model, so I cut some with my Olfa circle cutter to the correct diameter. For those who have forgotten the formula, measure the length of the hull section; this is the circumference of the bulkhead. Divide that by 3.142 (Pi) to obtain the correct diameter.

If you have any desire to avoid self-punishment, use a metric ruler. It's so much easier than fooling with fractions.

This model is available for download.
thanks for the equation to make bulkheads.have never seen that before
Old 06-21-2015, 10:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
I estimate that this simple model dates to around the turn of the last century. There has been at least one other build of this Pellerin model on this forum. Odd as it looks, it actually resembles some of the early submarine concepts that predate the 1900s.

I have no idea what size the original model was. But, I had it printed at FedEx Express so that the final model size is about 6 inches. Apart from the time spent in restoring the original scan from Patricia's Agence Eureka Flickr page, I spent several enjoyable hours watching Netflix movies while I fiddled with the paper.

There are no bulkheads for the model, so I cut some with my Olfa circle cutter to the correct diameter. For those who have forgotten the formula, measure the length of the hull section; this is the circumference of the bulkhead. Divide that by 3.142 (Pi) to obtain the correct diameter.

If you have any desire to avoid self-punishment, use a metric ruler. It's so much easier than fooling with fractions.

This model is available for download.
bumped this to keep formula for formers
Old 06-21-2015, 10:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.48 MB
Wonderful model and a great build! Thanks for share, cdavenport!

Greetings from Brazil!

Mauther