PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Vintage Models

Old 11-23-2019, 05:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
This is really cool thread.I particularly like armored cars,tanks and field guns.There use to be a lot of models like that published years ago,most of them are lost.It's a good thing you chose to share them with us-thank you.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.34 GB
I love this thread, thumb Dog. A complete history lesson couples with images and models and the extra info from everybody had me enthralled from start to finish, not to mention all the models!
Thank you very much for sharing.

Love it

MIKE
Old 11-26-2019, 09:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
Hi All,

And hi, Philip, Butelczynski and blueyeppoon. It's good to know that my old thread will occasionally fall under new sets of eyes.

The terrible Spanish Civil War might be looked upon as a cautionary tale for our modern times. When two sides are blindly driven by incompatible ideologies, the results can destroy great nations.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Old 12-05-2019, 03:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.81 MB
Quote:
However, when I made the request to Tom and Francesc to include more war by models by this publisher, none were forthcoming.
I'm just catching up on these new posts and found I've been remiss! I've searched through the three books I have on paper models from the Guerra Civil and here is the most complete list of Graficas Reunidas models I could find:

A-1 Avion de Caza
A-2 Tanque Ligero
A-3 Pieza de Artilleria
A-4 Ambulancia
B-5 Crucero de Combate
B-6 Hidroavion
C-1 Monoplano de Caza
E-3 Tractor de Artilleria
G-1 Auto Blindado
G-2 Reflector

It would seem that alphabetically-speaking we're missing a few. If there are any on the list you don't have Thumb Dog, I can probably get a good scan from Francesc. I'll also ask him if this list is complete.

Makhno1918... am I right in thinking that you've taken your forum name from the great Nestor Mahkno? Always gratifying to find a shout-out to a brave and largely forgotten anarchist.
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Models as Propaganda During the Spanish Civil War-nestor-mahkno.jpeg  
Old 12-05-2019, 06:44 PM

Hi All,

And hi, Tom. I believe makhno1918 was interested in the four scenic models published by Industrias Gráficas Offset. I'm including the first in the series, Lamina No.1, Barcelona, to illustrate the series.

Also, I have a longer list of the Gráficas Reunidas models that you sent me some time ago. Here are the missing numbers from the list above:

B-1 Camioneta
B-2 Automotor
E-2 Autocar
F-3 Edificio España
S-A-1 Tanque Pesado
S-B-3 Locomotora Electrica
S-B-4 Vagones Cisterna y Abierto
Serie C, num 1 Hidroavión

Those models that I have built from Gráficas Reunidas were all enjoyable, with a special favorite being the B-6 Hidroavion.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Models as Propaganda During the Spanish Civil War-lamina-1-copy-copy.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-05-2019, 07:00 PM

Hi Again,

Tom, I meant to add that if you know of any other models published by Industrias Gráficas Offset, makhno would be interested in seeing any you could post. Thanks.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Old 12-05-2019, 09:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.81 MB
Well, dag, just shows to go what happens when you read things too quickly.

I found what I believe is the complete set in Soldados de Papel: Recortables de la Guerra Civil (1936-1939), but the reproductions are not much larger than postage stamps. I'll ask Francesc if has good scans of them.
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Models as Propaganda During the Spanish Civil War-igo-models_barcelona1.jpg  
Old 10-01-2020, 12:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 30.26 MB
This has been an amazing thread.
I've been quietly lurking here at Paper Models since building my 1/1200 miniatures, but moving (back) into larger scale military models to give my toy soldiers some weaponry. I'm interested in the interwar period, so the Spanish Civil War lands there, and therefore the tanks and artillery as well.
I've already built (and modified) some of the models (the Recortables Baby tank repeatedly - good basis for something resembling a Fiat 3000). What brought me here has been chasing down the Tanque Ligero A-2 FT-17. Thumb, your work is amazing on that tank.
Anyway, I've learned much, need to practice my lamination techniques, and get to building.
Cheers!
Old 10-01-2020, 02:19 PM

Hi All,

And hi, RRLittle. Thanks for your kind words. It was just my dumb luck to stumble onto the topic of Spanish Civil War paper models. I found one on the internet, then two, and they just kept on appearing on my computer screen. Fellow member and friend Tom Greensfelder has many such models in his collection, and he generously shared his collection with me, and by extension, this forum.

It's coming up on five years since I started this thread, and I am heartened to see that people are still finding it and enjoying it.

As for the Tanque Ligero you mentioned, here's a photograph of same. I always liked that touch of metal in the copper tubing running through the muffler. The model is now in Tom's collection as a thank you for his help during the writing of this thread.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Models as Propaganda During the Spanish Civil War-soldiers-3-2-.jpg  
Old 10-01-2020, 02:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 30.26 MB
Amazing. Lovely model.
I ordered (at considerable expense as I am on a fixed income, mind you) "Retallables De La Guerra Civil" in hopes of finding a better scan of the Tanque Ligero. Sadly, one is in there, but not large enough. This thread pointed me in the right direction, and I have obtained one. Going to print it in 1/32 to go with my troops, and I might even do a recolor (hope I don't step on toes there). It compares favorably with Wayne McCullough's work over at "Landships", especially when one considers the age.
Thanks for the inspiration!
Google Adsense

Tags
models, paper, war, model, civil, spanish, simple, series, flags, thread, number, red, propaganda, flag, galvez, show, shown, granada, built, 2-dimentional, nationalists, drawing, pattern, wars, symbols