PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Vintage Models

Old 02-17-2018, 01:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 296.90 MB
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb Dog View Post
Hi All,

And hi, altomentis. In answer to your question, no, you are not missing something. I don’t believe a direct download is available, but I’m not the best guy to ask when it comes to the computer arts. When I save a paper model from this particular site, I just make a screen grab, or sometimes two or more.

You’ve probably noticed that you can enlarge the images directly from the site without losing too much fidelity. In order to build larger models than I can get from a single 8 ½ X 11 page, I’ll enlarge the site’s page to the size I think I want, and then by moving around the image, I’ll take two or four (halves or quarters) screen grabs. I’m careful to be sure the grabs include all the needed parts, and that they are of the same magnification so that all the parts will fit together. This gives me a clearer image than grabbing a single page and enlarging it once it’s in my computer. See my working images of the camera model below. This technique, along with a waltz through MS Photo gives, at least to my eye, a usable model.

Best of luck,

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
I am mostly using a chromebook these days, so I don't have much real estate even at fullscreen. Also, I haven't figured out any of the image programs well enough to seam images together.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 68.81 MB
Vermin King,

You built the garage scene from this magazine a while back. It turned out looking great.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 534.62 MB
Build the red one as is,BUT,put one of Daves deformed cool Wheels Hemi/Blown hotrod engines in it and a pair of fat slicks on the back.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by davetun View Post
Vermin King,

You built the garage scene from this magazine a while back. It turned out looking great.

Is Illustreret Familie-Journal the same thing? I bet it is the same publisher.

And thank you
Old 02-17-2018, 03:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
Hi All,

And thanks to all for the continuing comments…

And hi, Vermin King. The small Wikipedia entry describing the Allers publications gives 1877 as the startup date for Illusteret Familie-Journal, the original family magazine published in Denmark. In 1879, the Illustrerad Familij Journal began publication in Sweden, and the Norwegian Allers Familie Journal came into being in 1897. It appears that all three publications shared their text and art, but I don’t know if they published the same content at the same time.

And hi, widget. I’m cool with a blown Hemi mill in the Strange Red Car, but only if Rat Fink is driving.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Google Adsense
Old 02-18-2018, 11:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 41.75 MB
Hello,
about "ill-familie-journal" I can't remember if i've yet send this "flickr" link where we can find a lot of papertoy mosly papertheatre in hd resolution :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/esbenr/albums/
( I have also save a lot from web on my computer (1914 to 1931) but it's only paper theatre do you think i could post it on flickr?)

I've also do more capture from allers familie journal i'll post soon when i'vs take time to clean a little and yes sadly not hd picture i zoom as it was possible before capt. the size is not big (something like 980 x 1400) it will be ok for an a4 print.

Patricia
Old 02-18-2018, 03:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 51.92 MB
https://www.flickr.com/groups/vintagecrafts/pool/
Old 02-18-2018, 03:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 34.74 MB
Wink to Thumb Dog a request how do i get the download for???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb Dog View Post
Hi All,

And thanks to all for the continuing comments…

And hi, Vermin King. The small Wikipedia entry describing the Allers publications gives 1877 as the startup date for Illusteret Familie-Journal, the original family magazine published in Denmark. In 1879, the Illustrerad Familij Journal began publication in Sweden, and the Norwegian Allers Familie Journal came into being in 1897. It appears that all three publications shared their text and art, but I don’t know if they published the same content at the same time.

And hi, widget. I’m cool with a blown Hemi mill in the Strange Red Car, but only if Rat Fink is driving.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
The Strange Red Car?? I need the link to it thank's your friend Michael Dazzo!
Old 02-18-2018, 03:55 PM

Patricia,

I think it should be fine to put them on flickr. Someone in the world of paper theatre fans has posted extensive pdf's of the IFJ theater models in the past. Sorry I don't have a link.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:56 PM

Yes, Illustret Famiiie Journal and Allers Familie Journal are the same publication.
Google Adsense