PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Vintage Models

Old 09-02-2018, 04:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
Odd Epinal church diorama

Here are a few pictures of a build I completed recently of Epinal no. 136, a "Tableaux Appliques" of the church of Saint-Julien des Menetriers. I had long wanted to build it, but the only file I could find of it was quite blurry. I had to guess at where the score lines might be. I later found a file of the same subject with much better resolution, but it had much duller colors and a postmark-like stamp in one corner, overlapping one of the parts. The model was designed to be built with tab-into-slot construction, but I used glued tabs instead. I had fit problems, evident in the second picture, at the bottom of part "D", the curved half-tower on the right (as you face the model). I think those were my fault and might come out better if I were to try again. There were four spikes that were supposed to surround the base of the spire, but I simple could not make out how they were supposed to be scored on my copy, so I omitted them. Other than those difficulties, I think it came out all right.
Attached Thumbnails
Odd Epinal church diorama-gedc1038.jpg   Odd Epinal church diorama-gedc1037.jpg   Odd Epinal church diorama-gedc1036.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-02-2018, 04:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
It looks quite nice. You seem to have done a good job in deciphering the construction of the scene.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 68.81 MB
Nice scene. I found an example which will explain the location of the small parts (on the link below)

Le Vieux Paris d'Albert Robida: L'imagerie d'Epinal et le Vieux Paris
Old 09-03-2018, 07:07 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
That really looks great, Anne. I like the aged, vintage look of the model very much. What color there is, is very subtle - the blue and salmon in the sky, for instance. If the colors were brighter, I don't think the model would be nearly as effective. Sort of like the restoration of the Sistine Chapel ceiling: I liked it better before.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 68.81 MB
I meant to say location of the scores on the small parts. I had the same situation on one of their buildings and just divided the "radius" into four equal parts.
Google Adsense